SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Jan.7th early in the morning. (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/245423-jan-7th-early-morning.html)

IndaMiricale 01-07-2012 01:29 AM

Jan.7th early in the morning.

Good morning to all. :)

When temptation comes, as it often does to me and sometimes to all of us, I will say to myself. "No , my whole life depends on not taking that drink and nothing in the world can make me do it."Besides, I have promised that my higher power that I wouldnt do it. I know that my god doesnt want me to drink and I will not break that promise as I have in the past.I have given up my right and its not my decision any longer.

Have I made that choice once and for all, so that theres no going back on it ?

I truly believe I have . :)

Well everyone have a beautiful Saturday.

Good love, Inda:abcq::abcz:

blackstrat6 01-07-2012 01:37 AM

""No , my whole life depends on not taking that drink and nothing in the world can make me do it."

You know I bet we all have our little mantras like that Inda. Mine is "I never have to quit again!" That simple sentence has gotten me through some tense times. I am curious what some of the rest of you guys tell yourselves in the tough times?

Very nice post Inda, I'm glad you are still doing well!

neferkamichael 01-07-2012 01:57 AM

Nice post Inda

I'll be 1 year, 6 months sober on the 10th of this month. I to have choosen never to go down that path again. You have a good day to.

Dee74 01-07-2012 02:06 AM

great post Inda - enjoy your day :)

D

newleaves2012 01-07-2012 04:41 AM

"You know I bet we all have our little mantras like that Inda. Mine is "I never have to quit again!" That simple sentence has gotten me through some tense times."

i say "give me this day alcohol free". it's a short and very sincere prayer that popped into my head last week.

MentalLoop 01-07-2012 04:46 AM

You know I bet we all have our little mantras like that Inda.![/QUOTE]

So true. I am in the airport lounge in Amsterdam on my way home. Liquor staring me right in the face and free. "You're a shmuck, keep moving". I keep telling myself when presented with liquor. I once had a choice. I lost it.

Ghostlight 01-07-2012 07:27 AM

Great post. Thanks!

My mantra is ' think the first drink through to the end'. It always seems to work.

Balerie 01-07-2012 07:31 AM

lovely to meet you in the forum this morning. We all share the desire to stay sober. I don't have a matra as of yet. I just wake every morning and go on line to see who made it with me through the night. Hope to see you often on the forum.

IndaMiricale 01-07-2012 09:47 AM

Nice love to hear everyones mantra's , and Balerie I love to hear the ones that havent come yet. :)

Just keep doin what your doin.