Notices

Day 6 ...might be tough??

Old 01-06-2012, 08:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 6 ...might be tough??

Thinking today might be a little tough...so much going on with my in laws(87 poor health) In the past me and my husband would have our drinks in the evening and talk things out. Just feeling a little overwhelmed today. Gonna hang tough
Old 01-06-2012, 09:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Nel...sorry about the bad news..lets do day 6 together, ok?
Old 01-06-2012, 10:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sounds good Losteverything...thank you for the support Out of the blue I started crying not sure why....I hate to say this ...it probably sounds awful...but I do not feel like picking up my father in law and going to the nursing home. Then he will went to go out to eat then back to his apartment were its 90 degrees inside stay there for a hour... usually the day will take about 4 hours. We have been doing this for the last couple of years...don't get me wrong I love them a lot! I just feel sad and overwhelmed which is making feel guilty for even feeling this way towards them today. Its nice out and I wish we could do something fun...we don't ever it seems.....Sorry just in a feel sorry for me mood...I guess
Old 01-06-2012, 10:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Just a minute at a time if that is what it takes, nel...sometimes, i find when think about a drink, I get a tea, or a soft drink, and it helps..not the craving for alcohol, but the habit of drinking something..kind of like fingering a pencil when you are trying to quit smoking, just the physical act of having something at all that resembles our previous destructive behaviour, but in a much healthier way. I never ate sweets at all while drinking, now I am putting all type of junk in my mouth, but I figure thats the lesser of two evils. Hang in there...I and many others are herre, if not physically, then spiritually...
Old 01-06-2012, 10:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

nel 68 I have elderly parents as well. I had to deal with them when I was getting sober it was hard. There was alot of support at meeting where so many people went through the same thing sober. I couldnt believe it I guess selfishly thought i was the only one. Ive gone through a gammit of emotions dealing with taking care of them sober. Some people have worse situations than I do and are able to cope. Its not easy Ill not say that ,but doing things sober is so much more rewarding.
Old 01-06-2012, 10:47 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I was reading over your last post wanted to say something about the guilt. Its normal dont be hard on yourself!
Old 01-06-2012, 02:25 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope your day turned out less difficult than you feared nel

D
Old 01-06-2012, 09:12 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone, I did make it thru the day...feel better tonight then I did this afternoon..getting ready for bed gotta tackle day 7