Notices

My God! Is it my sweet sixteen birthday or something?

Old 01-06-2012, 11:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My God! Is it my sweet sixteen birthday or something?

I feel like I should rename this week "COMING OUT WEEK".
I've came out to my Dad, fully told my doctor the whole details, I've told several nurses and I intend, today to tell also my acupuncturist.
I feel like I should've instead just thrown a huge party with lots of perrier and pellegrino on the rocks, invited anyone I could think of who might just be interested and announced on a platform "HEY, BY THE WAY! I'M AN ALCOHOLIC!"
It would've been oh so much easier than the telling of each and every individual person which includes the added wonderful bonus of breaking down crying in an office, an exam room or at home in front of my computer. All the while I apologize profusely to the person, try to hide the fact that I'm crying/upset/whatever.
This royally sucks.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Big Hugs Munch.

Well done, what a load lifted of you. Hope you feel it soon

Good love, Inda
Old 01-06-2012, 11:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Munchkin, what you did was really hard. REALLY hard. But you did it. So proud of you for taking that step. Good job.
Old 01-06-2012, 12:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey Rocky cried for Adrienne and when he won his fights in the end. You're a rock star and an inspiration for us all. I'm sure the load has been removed and you are walking much much lighter!
Old 01-06-2012, 12:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

It's great that you finally came clean. While the process isn't fun, you'll feel better shortly for doing it.

Down the road though, what you do with and in sobriety will set the stage for whether those folks use what you rightfully disclosed to them against you or not. When I'm on the spiritual path, doing the right things...... acting "recovered".......nobody give me any flack for my past.

When I get off that path though, and revert to some of my old behaviors, "they" aren't always so gentle with me. In a way that's good though. Sometimes I'm a slow learner and need to get slapped across the face good and hard to wake up to something I'm doing ....or not doing but should be. It's like, from now on, all those ppl who loved me are on slightly higher alert with me and sometimes they let me have it quick.......which always hurts at the time but, in the end, it wakes me up to what is out of balance in my life and allows me to get back on track more quickly than I did when it came to facing alcoholism the first time.
Old 01-06-2012, 12:34 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Editor

A man once told me....Anything worth doing is worth braggin about. I didnt say he was wise. You are not bragging...You are verbalizing your reality. I understand the need to tell people. Each time I told someone it made me that much stronger. It did not make it easier, but it helped me get to the next day and the next. To be honest I did not tell that many people, but I looked in the mirror several times a day and told the most important person....Yes I have a problem and I will not live like this anymore. This simple gesture empowered me. I pray that you continue on your journey in sobriety. Good on you! Keep up the good work and keep your chin up.
On your side
Dave
Old 01-06-2012, 01:23 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad that's working for you and hopefully you will get the support you want from the people in your life.

I chose to not talk to people about my stopping drinking because I felt very vulnerable and I knew that I needed to gather some strength before I said anything. And, as time went by, people could tell by my actions that I had changed and it wasn't necessary to talk about it.
Old 01-06-2012, 01:27 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Congratulations on the 14 days

At first I was embarrassed and ashamed to admit I was an alcoholic, but I got over it. Thanks for the cheerful post.
Old 01-06-2012, 01:44 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope things will be easier now for you Munchkin

D