Notices

Anxiety questions...

Old 01-08-2012, 08:24 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Yup, it gets better but at first the anxiety is pretty bad for the first couple of days after quitting. This is why I kept drinking as well. I never fought through the withdrawals long enough for them to get better and realize what alcohol was doing to my body. It got so bad at the end that while I was at work and not drinking I thought everyone was out to get me and was trying to mess with my head and destroy me. I couldn't get to that bottle any faster after work. Yuck, I shudder just thinking about it. The stuff really messes with your mind. Be glad that soon you won't have to deal with that anymore if you choose not to
Old 01-09-2012, 11:25 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Re-Member

lisa how are you doing?
Old 01-09-2012, 01:53 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thanks for asking! Well, the crazy anxiety has subsided a bit. Today is better, yesterday I was feeling pretty down. Just a bit sluggish and not quite with it yet. Night time seems to be the worst, but I have been getting pretty good sleep : ) Was kinda down this morning and then it starting snowing which perked me up a bit. Have some dr. appts scheduled in the future--first one is tomorrow : ) I think I'll be good to go once I feel "normal" again.
Old 01-09-2012, 02:03 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Choosing Life

I never had an anxiety/panic attack in my life until the end of my drinking, when things were at their worst. I was jumpy at every little thing, and often in the middle of the night, I'd wake up with my heart pounding and be out of breath and just plain SCARED. Now I'm 10 days sober and while I've had the occasional "moment," it improves every day. It will for you too.

Good luck with your appointment tomorrow.
Old 01-09-2012, 02:28 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Binge....

HAd stopped for 7days and then went on a huge binge this weekend. Last night I had horrible chest pains, anxiety, sweats..ect...all over again. I hate this! I'm ready to stop, NOW! Will the withdrawal subside? Soon?
Old 01-09-2012, 02:36 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Glad you are doing better lisa. Mine seems to be worse in the morning, but it has hit in the evening as well.

Need to stop, the withdrawals are only going to get worse and last longer each time you keep drinking again. I learned that the hard way.

God bless.
Old 01-09-2012, 08:19 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Re-Member

lisa!
Good for you! I know the first few weeks can be a bear but they get better and better progressively. I was a mess the first couple of weeks too. Stay committed and stay here on SR as much as you need to.

Needtostop,
Yep once you stop repeating the detox over and over and get a few weeks sober. See your doc, join AA, get counseling, do rehab, or like me do an in hospital 7 day detox to get a head start on sobriety safely. I did all of them and after three months was just using my docs and here on SR. But to make it I used everything with no conditions like I can't let anybody know, or I can't get off from work or whatever. It was either that or slow suicide by alcohol for me. Try making work or living down needing some help dead. Not happening is it?
Do whatever it takes because you are doing the same thing that hasn't worked for you over and over as if the same thing won't yield the same results. Time to do some things you weren't willing to before.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:43 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I hope the anxiety subsides for you too. From what I have read, I've learned that the body adapts to the alcohol and begins to speed itself up to counteract the depressant effects while we are using. I wonder if that is what is happening to our minds as we sober up. It is still kind of functioning in hyperactive mode...