Notices

Letting Go

Old 01-06-2012, 07:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Letting Go

Its amazing how when I let go and let God that things always have away of working out. I am going on 7 months clean and when life has a way of showing up which it often does my first instinct is to pick up a drink or a drug. But this time around I tried something different and that was to pray and go to meetings and raise my hand and talk about things I was going through and how I was feeling. It has not been easy I have been through so much in the short time that I have been clean. I was moved from the sober facility that I have been living in for the past 6 months to another building that is really dirty and has bed bugs the refrigerator does not work. But God has seen fit for me to move on. I was speaking to the fellowship at a meeting I go to about my living conditions and after the meeting someone came up to me that has been clean and in the rooms for 10 years and said hey I have a apartment that you can rent. And it just so happens to be walking distance from my office and the meetings I go to. So you see when I do the next right thing and ask God and my family in recovery for help everything worked out for me. And guess what I didn't have to pick up that drink or drug.
Old 01-06-2012, 02:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really glad things are working out well for you LH - congratulations on the new apartment too

D
Old 01-06-2012, 03:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

That's really good news, and I hope your move goes well.