Notices

Wow! Thank God I Wasn't Drinking Tonight!

Old 01-06-2012, 12:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Wow! Thank God I Wasn't Drinking Tonight!

I got pulled over by the cops. That would have been DUI number two. And I even told the cops, "I learned from my first DUI." HAHA.

My proof of insurance was expired, too! They let me go, thankfully. I was just going to Taco Bell with a buddy, and got flicked. You know, "Late Night Munchies" and all. HAHAHA.

I haven't felt this lucky...........or smart, in a LONG TIME. HAHA.
Old 01-06-2012, 01:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Right on

I havent been able to drive for 2 years. But will be a pleasure not to freak out when i see a cop behind me .

Good for you learning after 1 . keep going doing what your doin.
Old 01-06-2012, 01:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by IndaMiricale View Post
Right on

I havent been able to drive for 2 years. But will be a pleasure not to freak out when i see a cop behind me .

Good for you learning after 1 . keep going doing what your doin.
Yeah, it reminded me of another time when I was driving. I was sober, but a friend of mine had nine ounces of cocaine on him, and the cops were running my plates. Thankfully we didn't get pulled over that time.

I think about that sorta' insanity, and realize more and more how far I've come.

Normally I'm pretty hard on myself, but tonight was vindication. I know I'm doing the right thing, and it's paying off. I know it in my heart.

And it feels pretty good!
Old 01-06-2012, 02:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I hadn't been pulled over in 4 years and in the last 2 weeks I have been stopped twice. Lol. I was also thinking how great of a feeling it was not having to worry about going to jail every time I drive. Also not having to keep a spare pack of gum in the door for those occasions =)

Originally Posted by Squizz View Post
Yeah, it reminded me of another time when I was driving. I was sober, but a friend of mine had nine ounces of cocaine on him, and the cops were running my plates. Thankfully we didn't get pulled over that time.

I think about that sorta' insanity, and realize more and more how far I've come.
I can relate to this a lot. Thankfully I have no association to anymore friends like this. They are either in prison, or on the way soon. What a fast rough life. Glad we are all making smarter decisions these days =)
Old 01-06-2012, 04:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
I had not had a drink for about a year when I got into a DUI checkpoint. I was so excited that I was sober! They shined the light in my eyes and waved me through and I was like "wait...what?! One of you guys better at least frisk me or something!!" There were like 10 cops laughing at me because I was so disappointed that there was no sobriety check for me. LOL
Old 01-06-2012, 05:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

duplicate post
Old 01-06-2012, 05:12 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I'm sure that was a great feeling, Squizz! I'll never forget that feeling of terror as they pulled up behind me - I could never go back to those sick old days.
Old 01-06-2012, 07:44 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Man, I vividly remember that sickening feeling in my gut when I would see those red and blue lights flash in my rear mirror when I was drunk. So glad we don't have to count backwards from 100 anymore!

God bless.
Old 01-06-2012, 08:53 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I've never been given my license back intact before. I've been pulled over 4 times in 25 years and lost my license each time.

Until a year ago I hadn't been pulled over in 13 years. Of course, I always had my "roadie" with me - my road beers. Dumb luck? Maybe, I was pretty careful but not always.

Tailgating a cop and running a stop sign isn't being very careful.