Notices

60 days.

Old 01-05-2012, 07:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

60 days.

Just realized today is 60 days for me. Overall I'm supprised how well I have avoided the temptation to drink. New years eve was probably the most tempted I have been since I quit. I physically feel pretty good though I don't seem to feel I have quite as much energy as I had at 30 days. I think at that point It was like I was almost high on sobriety. It was a strange new feeling that I was not used to. I think now I'm at a point where the novelty of sobriety has wore off. I know I'm at a point where I really need to stay focused on changing the things about who I was that made alcohol such an important point of my life, because quite honestly that guy still wants his beer. I also have some serious legal issues related to my drinking and my decision to quit 60 days ago hanging over my head. Without these issues I'd probably feel alot better about my 60 days, then again without these issues I'd most certainly be well into a 12 pack right now.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((CRAZE))) - Congratulations on 60 days!!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 01-05-2012, 08:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats on the 60 days!

I think it is a dangerous time...it was for me. I started out with a 30 day goal...so when I hit 60 I was open to AV persuasion. At 64 days I decided to dip my toes back into the drinking waters. Luckily for me, it wasn't much of a relapse...I drank 5 beer and then decided that I was better off being sober. I haven't had a drink in the more than 4 months since.

I can tell you that I feel better and better with each passing day. More comfortable and at peace with my decision...more and more committed to lifelong sobriety.

Keep it going...there's lots of foodstuff coming for you.
Old 01-06-2012, 12:26 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Congratulations, CRAZE - 60 days is great!

(Just my experience, but I found that those really good feelings would leave for a while but then they'd come back again.)
Old 01-06-2012, 12:28 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Well done on the 60 days CRAZE!
Old 01-06-2012, 10:04 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks all!
I've never particularly been a glass is half full kinda guy, but I'm trying to maintain positive thoughts. It's not always easy though.