Notices

This time I am going to make it

Old 01-05-2012, 08:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

This time I am going to make it

Hi. I went 3 months without a single drink. Basically May, June & July 2011. Since August I have been drunk. My business has suffered tremendously and my marriage is now finished. I am separated. I have caused so much destruction with my selfish drinking. My home is a pig sty. My office is a mess. I cant believe I have the audacity to feel sorry for myself. I have many obstacles in my life now with work, marriage, a law suit etc. but the #1 thing that troubles me is my fear of quitting. It seems impossible to face.

I am doing it now. I will keep you posted. I love this board and the genuine support.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I came close to losing all the above as well. Use it as motivation. But I have to get sober for me first.

You can do it!

God bless.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yeah, been there. I am so sorry that you are going through all of this. I went to rehab at 35, sober 8 years, drank again, sober 9 years, drank again for 4 years and have been sober this time since August 10, 2011. A lot of us have lost alot. But there definitely is hope. Since I quit in August a lot of things are straightening out. Not everything ofcourse, but at least now I have what mental faculties I have left to deal with them. It is so hard at first because when you begin to not drink everything hits you head on and the realization of what you have been through, done and lost is devastating. Know that not drinking is the key - and it gets better. I am so sorry. Take care.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I did all the above...as you describe it...I didn't think I could be so helpless and so hopeless at the same time. Just totally lost control of my life. I was scared to quit drinking too. My fear was I was afraid at failing at yet another thing in life. And I went to an AA meeting. It gave me hope...It worked for me. Find something that works for you...Nobody deserves to go through life like that.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome back, soberforbaby -

Sounds like you've been through a lot - I'm so sorry....... As they say in AA, we're not bad people - we're just sick people trying to get well. I'm glad you've chosen to get sober again - get all the support you can and stay close to SR!
Old 01-05-2012, 11:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Welcome! Post often, read lots, that is what is great about this forum.
Old 01-05-2012, 11:24 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back soberforbaby

the journey out of the hole we've dig for ourselves starts with a little action
whats your plan?

D
Old 01-06-2012, 01:44 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi there

Can I recommend a book to you called 'I'll quit tomorrow' by Paul Campbell. It is written by an Irish guy that through drinking lost his family and business and then how he built his life up again. You may be able to relate to a lot of it.

Wishinhg you all the very best.