Notices

Hello everyone

Old 01-05-2012, 03:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
40percentproof

Hello everyone

Hey all, hope you're well.

I'm new here and looking for some support but also to provide support for others if I can.

Last edited by Dee74; 01-05-2012 at 03:32 AM. Reason: link
Old 01-05-2012, 03:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to SR 40percentproof

D
Old 01-05-2012, 03:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome 40%proof,

How is it going?

CaiHong
Old 01-05-2012, 05:09 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
MIND OF DESTRUCTIVE TASTE

Hi 40percent,

Welcome to SR, this is a great community and it has been a great source of support in my recovery.

How is everything going for you?

If you ever need to talk, please feel free to send a msg my way - I'm a great listener and could always use another friend

Keep reading and hope to see you continue to post! Take care of yourself.

-Jess
Old 01-05-2012, 05:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Resident

You will find plenty of support here.
Sr is a great place to get positive reinforcement of your plans and efforts.
Good luck.
Old 01-05-2012, 05:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hello Everyone-

I am trying out this sobriety thing after 29+ years of drinking regularly ( I am 46 ). I still love to drink, but I hate hangovers and all the other side effects that go with drinking almost a Liter of Bombay in one night. Night after night..... Or every other night, anyway. It's funny, I am a very happy person: great marriage, loving family, 2 kids a dog and a guinea pig - it's all great. I am happy at home and at work. I am a drummer and play with two musical groups. I love the outdoors and try to hike, bike, camp, ski, etc.. as much as possible. Overall I think I am very fulfilled. But, I drink. A LOT! And I am not sure why. Habit? Probably? Necessity? I don't think so. My father was a raging alcoholic and an angry one at that. Me? I am a happy drunk - always have been. I am fortunate that alcohol has never rewarded me with a DWI, a trip to the drunk tank or a pointless fist fight. It has resulted in a few stupid arguments with my wife, but nothing serious. It has rewarded with with countless hangovers and wasted day afters. However, the day after the day after, I feel so good that it's time to celebrate. Does this sound familiar to anyone? I have always thought that I drank because it is fun. I am not a sloppy drunk - in fact, other that watching me pour myself drink after drink, you would probably not know that I was hammered. I think I am pretty good at keeping it together. I have weeded out the negative people in my life and for the most part I can honestly say that I am now surrounded by loving, positive people. Most of whom like to drink.... Like me. My wife, who I love to death, is also my best audience and my favorite drinking buddy. We can spend hours drinking, chatting, etc. And 98% of the time it is really fun. So needless to say, we are both doing this together, because it would NEVER work unless we were. 4 days in and I have to say, I really enjoy not waking up feeling like ****. It's almost a euphoria. Almost as much of a euphoria as that first glass of Bombay on the rocks. Almost..... So, anyway, that is my story and I am just taking things one day at a time. So far so good. Thanks for listening.

Curbed ( as in, I have Curbed my Enthusiasm, haha )
Old 01-05-2012, 05:47 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome to both of you 40% and curbed, there is lots of great information and support available here.
Old 01-05-2012, 06:04 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank-you. I am glad I found this place!