Notices

Hi :)

Old 01-04-2012, 05:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Red face Hi :)

HI all,
Just thought ide introduce myself as Im new to this forum. I came across it when I was freaking out about discomfort in my liver and googling in an attempt to self diagnose before my Doctors appointment. I have been drinking for about ten years now but the last few I have over done it as i have been very stressed but I know its no excuse. I had a doctors appointment today and had a blood test done so should get results soon. I also have an ultra sound appointment but the soonest i could get in was the 20th of Jan so will have to remain nervous until then. I have decided that no matter what the results I dont want drinking to be a part of my life anymore. I hant had a drink for the last 2 weeks and feel much better for it. I just need to stick with it and get my life back on track. Am hoping to get support from this forum and also to give support where I can
Thanks for listening
Old 01-04-2012, 05:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and Welcome,

If you are having health concerns, it's a very good idea to stop drinking and give your body a chance to recover. Your mind and spirit will also benefit.
Old 01-04-2012, 05:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
I'm here to learn!

Welcome to SR!

If you're like me, you'll find that once you have accumulated some sober time life just suddenly becomes less stressful. I thought that I was drinking to relieve stress for a long time, but it turns out it was just making me more stressed out. Life is a lot more manageable for me now.
Old 01-04-2012, 05:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
dude in recovery

Good for you wino5 and help from the doctors is great if your mind is in it to win it.
Best wishes.
Old 01-04-2012, 05:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to SR wino5

try not to worry too much - most of us find the results are better than we expected, I think.

Not drinking from this point on will give you the best chance of a full recovery from all those years of drinking tho, for sure - the sooner the better

D
Old 01-04-2012, 07:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome!
Old 01-04-2012, 08:04 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
stepping on my way...

welcome wino!!!!! hang in there. good choice to quit! you can find lots of support here. i find plenty :-) good luck. keep posting and reading. it helps me A TON!
Old 01-04-2012, 08:06 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
~sb

welcome!
Old 01-04-2012, 08:30 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for your warm welcomes. I have been browsing through the threads and feel it is very supportive and am very glad i stumbled upon this site. Thanks again
Old 01-04-2012, 10:19 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome to SR wino!

Look forward to sharing the journey with you - a new life awaits!
Old 01-04-2012, 10:33 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcome! Step away from the google Having anxiety is unfortunately really common when you quit drinking... and when you drink. It's kind of a vicious cycle. Your doc will have better advice on the subject, but for now be nice to yourself and don't imagine all the worst case scenarios. If it was a worst case scenario, you would probably know it by now because you'd be dead. Keep posting and welcome to SR