SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Hi :) (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/245217-hi.html)

wino5 01-04-2012 05:34 PM

Hi :)

HI all,
Just thought ide introduce myself as Im new to this forum. I came across it when I was freaking out about discomfort in my liver and googling in an attempt to self diagnose before my Doctors appointment. I have been drinking for about ten years now but the last few I have over done it as i have been very stressed but I know its no excuse. I had a doctors appointment today and had a blood test done so should get results soon. I also have an ultra sound appointment but the soonest i could get in was the 20th of Jan so will have to remain nervous until then. I have decided that no matter what the results I dont want drinking to be a part of my life anymore. I hant had a drink for the last 2 weeks and feel much better for it. I just need to stick with it and get my life back on track. Am hoping to get support from this forum and also to give support where I can :)
Thanks for listening :tyou

Anna 01-04-2012 05:37 PM

Hi and Welcome,

If you are having health concerns, it's a very good idea to stop drinking and give your body a chance to recover. Your mind and spirit will also benefit.:)

eJoshua 01-04-2012 05:37 PM

Welcome to SR!

If you're like me, you'll find that once you have accumulated some sober time life just suddenly becomes less stressful. I thought that I was drinking to relieve stress for a long time, but it turns out it was just making me more stressed out. Life is a lot more manageable for me now.

Scolova 01-04-2012 05:50 PM

Good for you wino5 and help from the doctors is great if your mind is in it to win it. :)
Best wishes.

Dee74 01-04-2012 05:57 PM

welcome to SR wino5

try not to worry too much - most of us find the results are better than we expected, I think.

Not drinking from this point on will give you the best chance of a full recovery from all those years of drinking tho, for sure - the sooner the better :)

D

Inca 01-04-2012 07:15 PM

Welcome!

stepping 01-04-2012 08:04 PM

welcome wino!!!!! hang in there. good choice to quit! you can find lots of support here. i find plenty :-) good luck. keep posting and reading. it helps me A TON!

sugarbear1 01-04-2012 08:06 PM

welcome!

wino5 01-04-2012 08:30 PM

Thanks everyone for your warm welcomes. I have been browsing through the threads and feel it is very supportive and am very glad i stumbled upon this site. Thanks again :)

artsoul 01-04-2012 10:19 PM

Welcome to SR wino!

Look forward to sharing the journey with you - a new life awaits!:a122:

GirlFromCO 01-04-2012 10:33 PM

Welcome! Step away from the google ;) Having anxiety is unfortunately really common when you quit drinking... and when you drink. It's kind of a vicious cycle. Your doc will have better advice on the subject, but for now be nice to yourself and don't imagine all the worst case scenarios. If it was a worst case scenario, you would probably know it by now because you'd be dead. Keep posting and welcome to SR :)