Notices

Day 2 gone... working on day#3!

Old 01-03-2012, 07:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 2 gone... working on day#3!

I made it threw day 2, just kepted myself busy around 6:00. It felt great not waking up feeling scared,guilty and ashamed!!!Plus I was 3.5 pounds lighter!!! I know I was retaining a lot of water due to drinking!I did have trouble sleeping and I sweat thru the night again, but I expect the insomnia. I read some post and they say day 3 his hard hope I can stay strong....no..I will stay strong!!I woke up craving a smoke cause when I drank that's when I would chain smoke!!I have weird smoking habits like my drinking a lot of people don't know I smoke, cause no one really seen me drink besides my husband that's when I would smoke. Plus I can only smoke by the fireplace in the basement family room which is where I drank in the evenings. Okay off to drink I'm sure ...way to much coffee and smoke!
Old 01-03-2012, 08:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congratulations!

Yes, day three is hard, but you can do it. Remember, you never have to drink again.
What works well for me, is thinking where that first drink will lead me if I get a craving.

Things will only get better from where you are now. See a doctor and be brutaly honest about your drinking, if you need to.

Best to you.
Old 01-03-2012, 08:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

educate yourself on the physical aspects. surround yourself with others who want you to get this. staying too "busy" can be dangerous. make a plan, stick to it, be accountable to others. PRAY!!!
Old 01-03-2012, 08:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Day 3 for me :-)

I love the support of this board it really helps!!. Got to work hard on my triggers my family drama is one, I have a lot of triggers which I'm sure we all do. If I had a good day wanted to drink, a bad day wanted to drink, if it was snowing out I wanted to drink...lol..I guess pretty much everything was a trigger for me. Gonna stay strong!!(I keep saying it in my head) Instead of one day at a time...I feel I have to do it one minute at a time throughout the day. I feel determine and I have not felt that in years!! I also started a journal to help write out my feelings. Working on day 3 :-)!
Old 01-03-2012, 03:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Feeling kinda of crazy!!

Man I was doing good today until my younger son called he's got me so mad!!Plus my husband is getting under my skin tonight! I found myself checking out the time a lot today, like I use to do when I was checking to see how close it was to my drinking time. But I'm so mad I'm not gonna let this knock me off my game!... I just said to myself ..."self if I drink it won't help me tomorrow, not only will I still be upset with my son but myself too!"
Old 01-03-2012, 04:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Nel68 - you're right it won't help you in the long run. You're doing great - just take one day at a time and if it's too much take an hour or a minute at a time. You can do this - you'll be much better off.

Great job so far -
Old 01-03-2012, 04:54 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good work with day 3 Nel
Old 01-03-2012, 05:27 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Crave chocolate!

I notice the last few nights I have been craving chocolate like crazy!! Which I'm fine with cause it no where the calories I was drinking! Night all off to have a bowl of chocolate ice cream!!
Old 01-03-2012, 05:51 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nel68 View Post
I notice the last few nights I have been craving chocolate like crazy!! Which I'm fine with cause it no where the calories I was drinking! Night all off to have a bowl of chocolate ice cream!!
I am eating chocolate as I type, that's normal
Old 01-03-2012, 05:56 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Good Job!
Old 01-03-2012, 06:34 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Keep us posted. We are here for you!

I go thru those irritable cycles too when everything and everyone bugs me. It is slowly getting better for me and it will for you too.

Hang in there.

God bless.
Old 01-03-2012, 06:36 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

OMGawd!!!

My brother just called he has a drinking problem too, he ask how I was doing I told him. Then he said sis. my leader in his DUI class or some class he takes said you can have a stroke,seizures he goes on and on then he said I probably wont go thru bad withdrawals for a few more days. I told him not to tell me that stuff cause it just freaks me out!!! I do have pills the doctor gave me a month ago, to help with the craving to drink I have not taken them. (I tried when he first gave them to me a month ago, quite after a few days) wonder if I should? I really don't want to......but I will probably freak out over every weird feeling I get! Thanks little brother! Geez
Old 01-03-2012, 06:48 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Nel everything he said is true. But before you take what the doc gave you you need to go back and tell him what you are doing again and be sure that is the right med. Reason for that is so that should you need help he will be back on top of your case.

What most folks do is go to the ER if they feel something scary going on in withdrawal. If indeed he gave you something to help ease withdrawals and stave off seizures etc. then you are good to go and can double check what it does so you don't freak out.

It is pretty normal for folks to have anxiety during detox. I just said to heck with it and checked into a 7 day in hospital detox and they gave me whatever and it was safe as can be. And even that isn't 100%.

But I can guarantee one thing, it is worth getting over.
Old 01-03-2012, 06:54 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Nel don't play around with withdrawals.. check out this. Alcohol Withdrawal Symptoms | Symptoms Of Alcohol Withdrawal