Notices

Info please

Old 01-02-2012, 04:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Info please

I have heard a lot of positive things about meditating and its ability to create a calmness in people which in turn makes your struggle for sobriety a little easier to cope with...Does anyone have any info one way or the other regarding this subject?
Old 01-02-2012, 04:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Not sure I have info, but I am starting to get definitional clarity. Up until very recently I thought meditation meant clearing your mind of thought. I am slowly starting to realize that it is actually furthering internal thought only clearly. For example, since getting sober, I have taken an internal oath not to reply to arguments or bad emails until I have had a chance to think it through. Now I just focus that thinking to a specific time slot I call meditation. This has been the best thing in the world for me...I have genuinely concluded that not all people suck, they are not all out to get you and they deserve the benefit of the doubt. Only possible sober and only through meditation for me.
Old 01-02-2012, 04:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I was introduced to Mindfulness and I love it. If you go to You Tube you will find lots on that.

As well this is a great video that I use a lot.

I hope this helps you

Good luck, I hope you have as much success with meditating as I do.