Notices

Can't wait for the roller coaster to stop

Old 12-31-2011, 01:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Can't wait for the roller coaster to stop

Up and down, up and down. These paws symptomes really are hard. They hit me out of nowhere. The ones who suffer the most are my wife and kids. I can't stand to be around them much of the time. I know this sounds mean, but I can't just make myself enjoy being around them. I am trying to think positive thoughts and list all the things I am grateful for. I should be grateful for the fact that they are still with me, that they love me, and I am grateful for those things, but I want to jump out of my skin.
I have been reading about paws(post acute withdrawal) and I am starting to implement the strategies that are suggested to help alleviate the symptomes.
It will take time, I know. I just want to be a better dad, husband, and person right away. I can't hardly even work most of the time. I am going to meetings, calling my sponser, praying, reading and posting here. Eventually this will pass, but in the meantime,
Old 12-31-2011, 02:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I found it useful to focus on the things I was grateful for - some people even write a gratitude list.

It's not easy when you find it hard to find things to be grateful for, but that the best time to do the exercise

It kinda forced my head in a different direction if you know what I mean

Hope you feel better soon

D