Notices

Another Day One, another attempt... another reach out.

Old 12-31-2011, 04:51 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Canterbell,

Got a laugh out of the dilemma with the vodka bottles. I would have put them all in one bottle, the most and attractive and expensive bottle. Don't ever apologise for sounding needy, you don't actually you are recording what is going on in your life and it does help others who can relate to what you are going through and not feel alone.

The crying is good, well I belive so, it seems to shift something. You sound like a lovely fun person.

Happy New Year.
Lets make this the best sober year ever.

CaiHong
Old 01-01-2012, 04:15 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Happy New Year Belle!
Old 01-01-2012, 05:39 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by canterbell View Post
Mentalloop.. you are spot on, I did not expect that and to be honest, I dont really understand, or know what to say to it. But I guess, thank you?.
no need to say anything at all, or you can say everything. Sharing the way you are and being as honest as you are is what helps us all know we are not some crazy psychopaths, but members of a powerful clan. Your vodka story, that was me. A week ago, our last open bottle of scotch was staring me in the face (we gave away the closed ones yesterday), and I finally broke and poured the inch level into a glass and told my wife she had to drink it. You realized in a day, it took me Four weeks. Worse I shoved it down my wife's throat, but I guess her non alcoholic self had take one for the team!
Old 01-01-2012, 11:26 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hug MentalLoop, kudos to you for dumping your stash. *claps*

i would like to say i am all smug and clever for working it out overnight, but the truth of the matter is ii have been debating this and many many other pooints for some months. I appreciate from reading the posts here that i am still very lucky to have taken the initative to attempt to address my drinking gremlins as early as i have. See the thing is, my mentaal and emotional demons have been active for years, and i have perfected the art of ignoring them, the drinking has only served to bring these other demons to the fore, seems like a self perpetuating cycle.

I feel clear of mind today, the snivell fest the other day helpes a little i think, (good call CaiHong) ans the generous pouring of support on this forum and within this post has undoubtedly served to remind me I am not alone,and i thank you all sincerely for that. I am also blessed to have two ladies outside of here that have been amazingly supportive.

Day after tomorrow, I go for my pysch assessment, i am terrifiesd of this, it is the one thing i have so very verhementaly refused to do, i have skeletons in my closet that are decaades old, unearthing thwm strikes dread into my stone cold heart...

but the idea of trying to live like i am now forever, well that makes me want to curl up and die.

Despite the dramaticsm today is a fairly good day...

love to you all.