Notices

Instead Of Drinking Today...

Old 12-29-2011, 08:42 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fdm View Post
...after work, I made out a shopping list, went to Wal-Mart, stopped by Little Caesar's, and had 2 slices of cheese pizza, some Crazy Bread, and a handful or Oreos.

What did you do instead of drinking today?
I'm doing a series of portraits of rock music icons. Today I began work on a David Bowie piece.

I'm up later than I'd rather be but that's been par for the course lately.
Old 12-29-2011, 08:45 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sweets79 View Post
I just bought this tea recently..

My therapist told me to try it.. I enjoy it
I think I'll go make some!
Old 12-30-2011, 12:30 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

My wife and I went for a walk around the lake in the rain. Then we spent hours reading test reports and internet reviews on new digital cameras. She wants something lighter than her Nikon DSLR and we have decided to get one of the new Sony NEX-7 cameras with a standard zoom and a separate telephoto zoom.

I prepare poached eggs on toast we watched TV and I made a tomato sauce for dinner with spaghetti.

Read the paper, Daily Telegraph (UK) and went to bed at 10.00 read until 11.00

Overall a very pleasant day

Stuart
Old 12-30-2011, 12:41 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Earth Child

....We made a coffee and we are about to go to the drs then go shopping for food
Old 12-30-2011, 01:18 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

All my colleagues at work are talking about their party plans this weekend. I am determined to take it slowly and get to church on Sunday morning. I have asked the priest if I can help serve the lunch for the homeless. That would give me a focus.
Old 12-30-2011, 02:23 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Kza

I am getting over a bad cold but went shopping and went for a walk in the snow. Had two baths and watched my soap opera, Coronation Street. I had breakfast in a cafe and plan to play on the Internet until bedtime.
Old 12-30-2011, 02:32 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Got an AA meeting, (God i hated them at first) which was great, met some others who survived Christmas. Went to choir practice and was fully here for my daughter.
Old 12-30-2011, 02:37 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I had some friends over for dinner, the drink of choice was Sprite.
Old 12-30-2011, 02:39 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Random Guy

Vollenteered to work tomorrow night so that one I have a legitamite excuse to not attend the party that I wasn't going to go to anyway and two so that my coworker that actually wants to go to said party can.

INH
Old 12-30-2011, 05:53 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
New to Real Life

We hooked up netflix through our new xbox and basically did that all day and night! Oh and met my husband for lunch and donuts and a brief tour of his office (me and our small children). Now today my 2 big kids are sick so it's more netflix and chocolate.

So, not very exciting but as I made my coffee this morning I remembered that the kids being sick was a huge trigger for me to drink. Nowhere to go... no need to drive anymore... pour something into that coffee!

Grateful to the bone for my sobriety.
Old 12-30-2011, 07:38 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Love this thread! Yesterday I worked, stopped by the grocery store on the way home and didn't have the urge to strangle anyone (it's amazing how much patience sobriety gives you!) ate a healthy dinner and an unhealthy piece of pumpkin pie, and watched a cool show on Netflix called Downtown Abbey. I heart my sobriety!
Old 12-30-2011, 08:21 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Working right now... not hungover (awesome). Probably work out after I get out of the office, eat, and then play the new star wars game all night.

Any day sober is a better day than a day not remembered because of alcohol.
Old 12-30-2011, 10:24 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Nice topic! I enjoyed reading about everyone's day. I finished fixing a computer for a Pawn Shop whose owner is a friend. I go through them after a clean restore and set them up optimally so they are "certified" by a tech. It works out quite well for both of us. I get paid and can buy anything in the store at cost and occasionally do. He has become THE place to get used laptops. Then I put up my new Solar powered twin spotlights under one of my carports which was very easy and took all of five minutes. Then went down into town to pick up my DOC, Starlite mints, did a walk-around for security of a friends house who is gone on vacation for two weeks and whose house I promised to check daily. Took the pups for two walks, one before I left and another just before dark. I stopped by Goodwill and dropped off some things and went inside and found a new collapsible umbrella, man's black that was new! Mine was still in the back of my Forrester after it broke completely two weeks ago in a bad storm. Turned inside out in front of Target and broke all the attachments so the fabric was flopping free. Inside, Target wanted 15 bucks and more for a new one! Being a guy I don't have to have one, but I found the one at Goodwill for half off $3.99! I also found a cool metal parking space sign that says Volkswagen Parking only all others will be towed that is also new for $1.99; my wife drives a New Beetle TDI. Note to self: I have to go inside Goodwill more often.

SH got home and mixed herself a drink (yes alcohol, no issue) and made a gourmet dinner. We had a new mailed BluRay disk from Netflix, "Super 8" and we nested during dinner with the pups and an intermission for cleanup of dinner plates for a full day.

I don't know how I ever got anything done working, as being retired is as busy as I want to be.
Old 12-30-2011, 12:27 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Encourager In Training

Slipped away from work at lunchtime, not to return until Tuesday. Assumed caretaking duties for my 12 week old daughter while momma grabs a well-deserved nap. Later, intend to watch a bowl game or two with the baby while momma shops for our not-so-little one who has outgrown 3-month clothes.

Delightfully normal and dry in every sense of the word.
Old 12-30-2011, 12:30 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

I'm going to get a haircut... driving there myself. Huge step for me!
Old 12-30-2011, 01:13 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Re-Tread

Hangin with my baby girl..played with toys, fed her, went on a walk. About to go get some mexican food for a late lunch and pick up a library book on recovery then come home and relax and read. Trying to stay busy as I have a week off for new years.
Old 12-30-2011, 01:20 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Worked out, packed for my island trip, researched activities to do while on my trip, reading, nap, going out to dinner. No work today YIPPEE!
Old 12-30-2011, 01:31 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Yesterday was the first real day for snow to speak of, and I had been waiting for it. I went for a good walk in the park and soaked it in (visually). I suppose that was the biggest excitement, since the rest was the usual for me: reading, microblogging, TV and music in the background.
Old 12-30-2011, 01:35 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Put away Christmas decorations. Made shopping list for New Years dinner. Hung out on SR. Planned for summer vacation.

Amazing how much you get done when not drinking.
Old 12-30-2011, 01:45 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

This thread is nice light reading

My best friends dog is with me for 2 weeks, so took the little guy for a walk - got my hair done (which always makes one feel better) - went to an upscale food market on the hunt for a spice I didn't have, found it - came home and made panko crusted chicken and "Debsam's" basmati rice (yum) - watched three episodes of Breaking Bad Season 3 on Netflix (in between the hockey game) - Amazing Series if anyone hasn't seen it!!

great day