SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Why alcohol Why? (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/244640-why-alcohol-why.html)

ACT10Npack 12-29-2011 05:07 PM

Why alcohol Why?

It's so hard for me to stop. Life is hell when I drink after the next day. I wish I was one of those guys that get drunk at night and stop. But that's not me when I start it goes on for days and days. I need the willpower to just stop. I hope I will end tonight but I don't know. I just don't have the power to get more alcohol after tonight. So the recover will happen tomorrow. Hell will begin but a bright light will pop up in a few days.

So all I can do is :herewego

Nirvana1 12-29-2011 05:10 PM

Get some help buddy. Call the AA hotline and ask for a ride to a meeting. Get to a rehab as soon as you can if that's what it takes. I've been following your posts for months now and it's time to try something different, ok?

sampar 12-29-2011 05:11 PM

Act1onpack :hug:

You can do this, u dont need to do it alone. Glad ure posting here, keep your soberity in the minute if u have too, WE ALL only have it one day at a time :)

choublak 12-29-2011 05:14 PM

Time to make some new friends.

ovrock 12-29-2011 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by ACT10Npack (Post 3222091)
It's so hard for me to stop. Life is hell when I drink after the next day. I wish I was one of those guys that get drunk at night and stop. But that's not me when I start it goes on for days and days. I need the willpower to just stop. I hope I will end tonight but I don't know. I just don't have the power to get more alcohol after tonight. So the recover will happen tomorrow. Hell will begin but a bright light will pop up in a few days.

So all I can do is :herewego

You sure we are not twins? There is no way in hell I could get drunk tonight and stop tomorrow. That's why guys like us HAVE to stay away from the first sip... Hold strong my brother, we all in this together...

Dee74 12-29-2011 07:23 PM

You don't need willpower act10n - you just need to get some help.
Reach out - go back to AA, try another recovery programme, see a Dr, see a counsellor, consider rehab even.

you can stop this merry go round any time you like.
D

Zebra1275 12-29-2011 07:41 PM

Is the reason your drinking goes on for a few days, because you have withdrawal symptoms and are trying to taper off?

If you answered "true" you need some medical help to get yourself over the hump. Once you physically detox, then you can start working on sobriety.

artsoul 12-30-2011 11:36 AM

Hi Action -

Have you ever gone back and read your posts from the beginning? It might help you just to reread about the times you've been at this point, gotten sober, and picked up again.

Unless something changes, the addicted part of you is going to keep buying into the idea that alcohol has something to offer you, that you can somehow make this work.

I wish I was one of those guys that get drunk at night and stop.
The problem with us is that there is no "stop." Have you ever reached a point of satisfaction once you started drinking?

We all want to be sober when we're sick and suffering. You just need to make the connection between what you're going through right now and the first drink. You're signing up for another round (of the same or worse) the minute you decide to open the bottle. Guaranteed.

You don't want to stop (who does?)....... do it any way.:c014:

Rugby8 12-30-2011 11:51 AM

It's a horrible continuous cycle. For me I know if I start drinking now I have to prepare to drink tomorrow and make sure I have enough for Sunday since liquor stores are closed here on Sunday...

So if I can keep this sobriety up... Sunday I can watch football and actually remember the games and not worry if I have enough booze to get through to Monday.

Waking up sober.. for me is a great day!