Notices

Still Sober

Old 12-29-2011, 09:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Still Sober

Hey guys! Just checking in, Day 46 here. I'm still sober and very happy! However, I am a little scared in my sobriety still. I know I will not even be tempted to drink in the next 8 or so months since I recently found out I am pregnant with Baby #2! However, I have been having crazy cravings for beer lately. I still get excited thinking about being able to have a glass of champagne after this pregnancy. I am starting to have those strong feelings of "Oh, I'm not really an alcoholic. What did I really do that was SO bad when I was drinking. Everyone else drinks. I can control myself..blah blah blah." So, I am back here hoping to find encouragement in reading and posting on here again.

I hope you all had a great sober holiday! Glad to be back.
Old 12-29-2011, 10:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi overthis..Great to hear you will not be drinking for the next 8 months! Congratulations on baby #2! So many posts dealing with the very topic you have raised.

I struggled with this during the holidays. In did not turn out so well. Common thread here is that your mind will try to convince you in many ways that you can control your drinking with the end result being you are back to square one with alot of heartache.

Best wishes.
Jim
Old 12-29-2011, 10:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

(((overthis))) - Congratulations on your sobriety AND baby #2! I know when I first got into recovery, I wasn't ready to quit. I kept thinking I could use (my DOC was crack) "occasionally" but the more time I went without, reality sunk in - there IS no "occasional" for me. I spent a LOT of time on SR (still do) and read of all the people going back out, with nothing but bad results, and others who had solid recovery. I wasn't sure if I'd make it, but I'm going on 5 years, so it must have worked

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 12-29-2011, 02:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back overthis
Congratulations on your pregnancy!

I think it's normal to think about drinking for a while - it certainly took me more than 46 days to stop those thoughts...

but like Impurrfect says, the more we go on in our recovery, the more it usually sinks in that this is the way to live

D
Old 12-29-2011, 02:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Glad you checked in! Wonderful news about the baby.

Maybe at some point you could go back & read your early posts here. (There was one about things you won't miss by being sober.) Sometimes we need to remember where we came from. I was the worst for having a short memory regarding the damage it did.