Notices

Something humorous to share

Old 12-30-2011, 10:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Something humorous to share

Okay, so on Tuesday I have my first appointment with a counselor that specializes in addictions (along with my next appointment with a counselor that specializes in depression and other mental health issues). I asked my hubby to stop by the clinic to pick up my paperwork so that I may fill it out this weekend at my leisure rather than racing to fill it out on Tuesday.
WELLLL, hubby tells me as he leaves the clinic that oddly enough, the name of a soldier that hubby has been having massive issues with regarding drugs and alcohol was previously written on my folder. The soldier is now in jail as of yesterday due to vehicle issues but it was pretty funny to hear that the soldiers name had been there first and then was erased off and then my name was written on the folder. I swear that soldier is just like a bad penny. He keeps showing up in the oddest places! LOL
Why I find it funny, I'm not certain, just do.
Old 12-30-2011, 10:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sober since Jan 1, 2012

That's weird. And funny. Almost cosmic!
Old 12-30-2011, 10:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That's a thread you may need to explore!
Old 12-30-2011, 10:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Funny thing is I have been sober now for 17 days. My husband caught this soldier with drug remnants in his trash about 14 days ago and turned the soldier into the MP's at which point he was brought over to the Army substance abuse program.
Now the soldiers in jail and obviously the office decided they didn't need that folder anymore for him!
Just really weird. Don't know if I should take it as a good sign from whatever higher power or a bad sign. LOL
Poor hubby, he keeps being deluged with addicts and their issues! Thankfully he's living with a recovering one now rather than an active alkie!
Old 12-30-2011, 02:17 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congrats on 17 days sobriety! Absolutely awesome!! What strategies do you have in place to avoid temptation on New Year's?
Old 12-30-2011, 02:32 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welchs Sparkling Grape Juice and Perrier.
Old 12-30-2011, 03:13 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

How's the sparkling grape juice munchkin? I have been drinking San Pellegrino with a wedge of lime. Love that but would like something different for NYE.
Old 12-30-2011, 03:17 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Very sweet and not in a good way. LOL Prefer the Perrier personally. LOL But the pop that we get as we open the bottle of welchs makes us feel at least as if there were something special about it. LOL