Notices

Day 2, already feeling irritable.

Old 12-28-2011, 04:05 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rugby8 View Post
Well for me I feel really shaky and full of anxiety. I haven't eaten a thing all day and don't feel like eating...
My shakes are gone (for now). Somehow I find it escalates when I lay down. In my case, I NEED SLEEP, some is afraid to go to sleep because of the dreams.

Like you I've eaten little since Monday
Old 12-28-2011, 04:09 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hang in there. The worst of it should be over in a few days. Everyone here understands what you are going through and we are all here to offer support.
Old 12-28-2011, 04:10 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

Today is day 13 for me and I am often irritable. No alone time since i'm on vacation with the family and there's no escape. When I get really bad, I remove myself from the situation and be alone for a while. Deep breaths and accepting my emotions seems to work. Also, realizing that being snippy and engaging people when i'm pissed never helps the situation. People around me are coming to understand that it's not a form of isolation. It's my personal coping skills. Find something that works for you and just accept that you're going to be irritable. Don't use it as an excuse to act out. See it as a time to practice dealing with your feelings in a positive way.

Sounds like you've got some positive things planned. That's great! Inrehab, they would give us daily schedules to fill out so we could plan our days and not have a chance to be bored and triggered. Keep a llist of destressing activities you can go to when you feel a crave.
Old 12-28-2011, 04:26 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Sober...Finally.

I forgot how hard withdrawals really are. I got to a point where I couldnt function outside of work without drinking. Thanks for the encouraging words. I am trying my best to work through this.
Old 12-28-2011, 04:45 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hi Dom, Hi ovrock, It seems we are in it together. I just ate now for the first time in two days and feel a little better. I'm just going to stick to this site like glue until I feel like I have somewhat of a handle on things.
Old 12-28-2011, 04:54 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Sober...Finally.

Well, I am glad to know I am not the only one at this point of the withdrawls, Thanks Harley.
Old 12-28-2011, 04:56 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by harleyq View Post
Hi Dom, Hi ovrock, It seems we are in it together. I just ate now for the first time in two days and feel a little better. I'm just going to stick to this site like glue until I feel like I have somewhat of a handle on things.
I'm right here with you, I aint moving from here until I feel like I am about to pass out with sleep...