Notices

I'm 22, getting set up with a girl

Old 12-28-2011, 12:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm 22, getting set up with a girl

normally this is based around getting a drink somewhere, I handle this situation well. I'm good and in control, and pretty smooth.

I think it'll be awkward if I meet her and she's drinking and I'm not. Especially having to explain to her that I have a drinking problem on the first date would be weird too.
Old 12-28-2011, 12:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

I was looking for a "shaking-my-head-in-disbelief" smilie, but couldn't find one.

You are going to do what you are going to do. Good luck with that.
Old 12-28-2011, 01:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Maybe being open and honest about it right away would be the BEST thing for you both. Then she will know what she will not expect of you and you will have it all out with nothing to hide now or in the future. Good luck. Go to starbucks! lol
Old 12-28-2011, 01:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Maybe just tell her it is your first date and it is all about her so you want to stay clear headed. After a couple of dates then maybe you can come clean and tell her about your drinking.
Old 12-28-2011, 01:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
SR Fan

I don't think we owe anyone an explanation (unless it's something we want to do, or we know the other person). It's pretty much whatever you feel comfortable with.

Just reading a couple of your posts (from the last few days), I have to wonder if you're putting yourself at risk:
lol its crazy, already starting to rationalize a bender
and from today:
in my head I'm thinking to myself that I'm going to be missing out on sooooo much by being sober
I'm not saying you'll drink...... I just know it can be a risky situation for early sobriety. What do you think?
Old 12-28-2011, 01:34 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

So far, when subjected to this type of scenario, I just say, no thanks I drink too much and trying to stop. It's pretty hard to push somebody after that.
Old 12-28-2011, 01:36 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Nothing sexier than a confident person...the kind of quiet strength that comes from knowing who you are. Ahhh, now that's smooth. The confidence from a bottle...total turn-off.