Notices

I made it 7 days

Old 12-28-2011, 03:40 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Just relish in the true miraculous nature of what you just said. How, have you stayed sober for the past 7 days, when you haven't been able to for years? This is a real miracle. & it is hard!! It is so hard for us to stop. When I first stopped drinking 8 months ago, I wanted sobriety. But I also knew that I had a romantic relationship with alcohol (especially red wine), and I never believed that would go away, even though I was experiencing so much success with staying sober. For me, that feeling of want, that romantic relationship to booze, left me after 4 months. I still get cravings, I am an alcoholic, it is in my nature. But the place I put alcohol spiritually has changed. I am free. You speak of this dualistic nature, to want to drink, and to want to stay sober...That is what we are! It is perplexing. As alcoholics, we should be drinking. But something has freed us from that life of enslavement. It doesn't mean we will ever stop wanting a drink, but those cravings go away and change. They won't happen the way they do now. If you work a good program, and participate in your recovery, you can live without the obsession to drink. It was lifted from me. I am in AWE of your incredible journey. Way to go.
Old 12-28-2011, 05:48 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Welcome!

Lots of wisdom shared so far. Stick around SR, life will get better.