Notices

Newcomer

Old 12-27-2011, 03:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Newcomer

Hi im new to sober recovery. Im 12 days sober tday after a year long relapse and 3 wks in rehab ( should of been six months but i ran ) Going to aa meeting tonight but have a real problem with isolating and major trust issuse. Any advice would be great.
Old 12-27-2011, 03:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm new too and don't have any advice. But welcome!
Old 12-27-2011, 05:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
dude in recovery

Welcome Peace & Ginza

I had become an (almost complete) introverted alcoholic, a shut-in, I still haven't made it to a meeting yet, building up the strength to do that and testing myself both with my sobriety and social ability. Stay sober and keep pushing yourself to do more if you can, I'm sure AA and a decent doctor can really help.
Old 12-27-2011, 06:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Peace,

You would be amazed at how helpful it is to just listen during an AA meeting. For me, I try and not be so hard on myself. I take it one day at a time and I take baby steps. Learning to re-peoplize and to trust again will take time. God bless you for going to an AA meeting tonight. That shows tremendous commitment to sobriety, courage to not self-isolate and to trust again. Posting here demonstrates trust in others, honesty and the willingness to share. AA and SR willl provide you with love and support.
Old 12-27-2011, 06:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Fdm

Welcome. I'm hoping things are well with you today.
Old 12-27-2011, 06:51 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Don't give up on AA after a few meetings. Stay with it for awhile. Attend different meetings and find one you are comfortable in. Get to know people and let them get to know you. It will get easier the more you do it. It takes time, don't expect it to all come at once. That is my problem. I want the whole thing fixed right away. Doesn't work that way. Wishing you the best. God bless.