Notices

making soberiety no 1

Old 12-26-2011, 09:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

making soberiety no 1

I let other thingss get in the way of my meetings Im scared about this the solution is stop doing it. I dont want to have a relapse.Time is a precious thing.
Old 12-26-2011, 10:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

One thing you can count on is alcoholics being understanding and supportive. And, it only matters what you do today. I promise you'll be warmly welcomed to AA. It helps to remember: just don't drink TODAY. And, you don't have to drink. Go to a meeting and get a sponsor. That's it.

Good luck!
Old 12-26-2011, 11:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

My sponser died 2 months ago. I know that thats effected me more than I let on she was an extra special woman. I know all sober alcoholics are exdronary people. I related to her on so many different levels. Im grateful that God and AA produced someone of that calibor.Icant express in words how she effected my life. Ill stay sober this moment and pray a thanks giving to God for all the many gifts hes given. AA being such a wonderful gift to us.
Old 12-26-2011, 12:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Sorry for your loss of that friend and sponsor Dana. Part of her legacy is you, don't you think Dana? Stay sober and get yourself another sponsor, she won't replace your last sponsor, no one can. But she can be there for you until it is your turn, and you can pass on what your sponsor passed on to you. I am sure she would have wanted you to do just that. Post here as much as you like, we will be here for you, as they were here for me on SR.
Old 12-26-2011, 01:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for your loss Dana.
Sounds to me you already know what you need to do - I hope you'll start hitting meetings again

D
Old 12-26-2011, 02:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Dana, good to have you here... If you are AA and are looking to find some fellow AA's and talk about the steps and all... introduce yourself in the twelve step support section of this forum...

You can, of course post wherever you want. Welcome to SR!!