Notices

ambien...*sigh*

Old 12-26-2011, 02:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

ambien...*sigh*

I've been off of Ambien for over 2 years but coming down home for the holidays always drives me crazy. I abused it for a long time. I used to take several of the highest milligram with alcohol and pass out nightly. When I decided to quit (after getting into an altercation at my parent's house, biting my sister, running my head full tilt into a brick wall and having the cops called on me) I cancelled my perscription, informed my doctor and walked away cold turkey. The problem I have now is that my mom takes Ambien and sleep walks on it. I'm a night owl and I have to deal with her wanderings every night. It's like dealing with a drunk but it stirs up old cravings. I don't want to use Ambien again but I have no idea how to tell her that she's triggering me without being rude. I know my alcoholbabuse is a totally different deal so I guess I feel like who am I to cast stones? *sigh* i'm trying to take it in stride but it's not easy. Nothing worth having ever is.

Thanks everyone. Just needed to vent. I didn't even realize that I'd been basically holding my breath until now.
Old 12-26-2011, 02:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DisplacedGRITS View Post
*sigh* i'm trying to take it in stride but it's not easy. Nothing worth having ever is.
I couldn't have said that better myself.
Old 12-26-2011, 04:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Speak to your mother about the problem and allow her to fix the issue, if she chooses.

Good for you with your recovery.