Notices

Wanting to escape.....

Old 12-24-2011, 08:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
*Grateful*

Wanting to escape.....

I will have a year on Wednesday. I flew home to San Diego last night to stay w/ my mom and I will be here until Jan 8th and now I have regret. She is so negative and controling I want to go use.

I know it has to do w/ my own heart and how I handle people, but ugh. I have already eaten junk food (I don't eat junk food anymore cuz it has lead to relapse in the past)

Anyway, perhaps tomorrow after I have gotten a better nights sleep will feel better, we arrived super late last night and I did not sleep well.

Just thought I would post.

Thanks, Lily
Old 12-24-2011, 09:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Stay strong. Don't give your mom the power to make you relapse.
Old 12-24-2011, 09:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Lily, stay strong. My mother drives me up a wall and I am moving in with her, since I took a paycut at work. Lay off the junk food! Tomorrow is a new day, go out and walk to a store, and get some of your healthy favorites! I know SD is beautiful this time of year, make sure you take a lot of walks.

Good luck!
Old 12-25-2011, 12:17 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I'm here to learn!

Hang in there Lily, I know what you mean about wanting to escape but drinking will only drive you to further insanity.
Old 12-25-2011, 12:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I spent the best part of two days with my family Lily - they;re well-meaning but my stress level goes way up too...I just have to focus on the fact that I'm not the same person I used to be...

I might feel the stress but I can't be goaded coerced forced or compelled into doing things I know I are bad and wrong for me...I can look for positive ways to reduce my stress and change my reactions to other peoples attitudes.

Stay strong and true Lily - you can do this

D
Old 12-25-2011, 01:23 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Ah family. It's the same way with my mom. Sometimes I want to pull my hair out after just a two minute conversation on the phone with her. I know it's my responsibility to change my reactions, not her actions. That's where the serenity prayer comes in for me. I can't change her, only me.
God bless.
Old 12-25-2011, 02:24 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
dude in recovery

I've been eating more 'junk' food recently as well, for me, I noticed it isn't so much the food it was how I was eating it .. 'fast'. Eating fast had become something my mind associated with "yea, we're about to get our fix." & I sure hope you can stick it out, make it through this. One year is Great.
Old 12-25-2011, 02:42 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

My extended family (dad, siblings, etc.) is here and they are big triggers for me. They feel very entitled to invade my home every year and do not contribute at all. It drives me nuts. I decided to take a nap (which I rarely do). It really helped. Remember the HALT acronym.. don't let yourself get too hungry, angry, lonely or tired.
Old 12-25-2011, 05:42 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
*Grateful*

I made it through yesterday. Today I am in a better mind space cuz I got a ton of sleep. I didn't totally pig out today either which is a super good thing. Mom is a bit more tolerable today as I have just been trying to be kind and appreciative. Thanks so much for the support!
Old 12-25-2011, 05:44 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Good job Lily - hang in there.
Old 12-25-2011, 06:06 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
~sb

can ya find an aa meeting? call intergroup for a ride. just a thought.