Notices

Please help me!

Old 12-24-2011, 01:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Please help me!

I need help right now! I can't stop drinking, I feel so helpless, I'm drinking more right now and I NEED help, please?
Old 12-24-2011, 01:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

How much are you drinking? Have you considered seeing a doctor or going to rehab? Making the first steps towards quitting is hard and scary but thousands, even millions have made those steps before you. Congrats on coming to the realization that your alcohol use is out of control. You are not alone. The most important things are to be honest with yourself and seek outside help. You shouldn't feel like you have to do this alone.
Old 12-24-2011, 02:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

Also, welcome to SR. This is a safe, non judgmental place. Lots of great advice and support here andbit's all yours for the taking!
Old 12-24-2011, 02:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

thank you so much! I want to be welcomed! I feel so stupid though because I'm not drinking everyday.... I used to, but now i've controlled it to once a week. I used to drink everyday, I went through a hard withdrawal after that where I hallucinated. But now I'm trying to fend this off day by day, yet every week or two I give in!! I need somewhere and SOMEONE to talk to.....
Old 12-24-2011, 02:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

AA meetings can be very helpful. Shop around until you find a group or to you like. A therapist that deals with alcohol abuse can also help. Of course, you are always welcome here! I post here when my craves feel like too much to deal with and I find reading and posting give me that release I used to seek from alcohol. I have been sober, relapsed and sobered up again countless times. Never have I been unwelcomed here. Sometimes, we use alcohol as a form of self medication. A therapist can help you discover if this is part of your problem and can hook you up with a doctor can perscribe you something to help keep you on an even keel. Congrats on cutting down so much. That's an achievement in and of itself. Now commit to cutting that last tie! You've made it this far, you can make it all the way. Just don't try to do it on your own.
Old 12-24-2011, 02:21 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you so much.... i feel so hopeless and it's wonderfull to feel HOPE.
Old 12-24-2011, 02:23 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

Hope, we have in abundance and are happy to share. ^_^
Old 12-24-2011, 02:23 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

It's just.... I don't know...... I wanna get clean but I feel like I was NEVER TRULY ALCOHOLIC......
Old 12-24-2011, 02:24 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thank you for the hope!! I'm so upset right now, hope is what keeps me afloat. I'm crying a little... thank youu
Old 12-24-2011, 02:27 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

All it takes is to feel that alcohol has had a negative effect of your life and you want to quit. My husband quit cold turkey over 2 years ago but still considers himself to be an alcoholic because when he did drink, he lost control on occasion and did things he regretted and would never have done sober. Being an alcoholic is not something to be ashamed of. It's just another challenge in life that we have a desire to overcome. Don't feel the need to lable yourself. Just make the positive changes in your life that will help you feel truly fulfilled and satisified.
Old 12-24-2011, 02:30 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

You are so welcome! A little crying can be a good thing. It's a cleansing release for the soul. You're strong and capable and you're among friends.
Old 12-24-2011, 02:31 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Yes, alcohol has such a negitive, efffect, I forget to take my prozac and forget to pay attention to my well being, when i drink. I am drunk right now and I WISH i could stop
Old 12-24-2011, 02:37 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

You can. When I go off my meds, I'm prime for a relapse. Rehab (I was a daily drinker), medication, therapy and these forums have helped me a lot. Try to takeat least a good 15 minutes a day for yourself. Practice being sober, lol. It's something to strive for daily. I keep my 24 hour coin and the coin I got after rehab on me as physical reminders that I am a happier, more fulfilled person when I'm sober. Try your best to stay on your meds. I treat mine like vitamins. No big deal. They don't define who I am. They're just tools I utilize to keep myself on track.
Old 12-24-2011, 02:52 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi CompanionXCube

Your post brought back some strong memories for me. I remember feeling as helpless and desperate as you not so long ago. That horrible feeling that you cannot control yourself, that alcohol is taking over your life even though you really don't want it to. I've been there. Many, many times. And it's a lonely, frightening place.

But there is hope Companion. You can stop! You just might need a little help and support along the way. It's difficult to do it alone, but the support of other people who understand what you are going through can drastically smooth the path.

Come to this forum. Read the stories - you will find your own story among them if you read enough. I've found many people here to be quite inspirational.

DisplacedGRITS suggested AA, and I think that is a good suggestion. I've found them to be helpful. Meeting up with people in real life who can support you and who you can call is a massive boon. Try and find a meeting local to where you live and go to it. You will find welcome, support and understanding there.

Good luck Companion. You can stop if you want to and you don't have to do it alone. :ghug3
Old 12-24-2011, 03:05 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

It's often difficult for alcoholics to stop cold in the middle of a drunk.

If you can keep yourself safe and finish it off without hurting yourself or anyone, or making any new friends out there, afterwards coming back here for a plan to stay sober may a be wise move.
Old 12-24-2011, 03:11 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KarrieJay View Post
Hi CompanionXCube

Your post brought back some strong memories for me. I remember feeling as helpless and desperate as you not so long ago. That horrible feeling that you cannot control yourself, that alcohol is taking over your life even though you really don't want it to. I've been there. Many, many times. And it's a lonely, frightening place.

But there is hope Companion. You can stop! You just might need a little help and support along the way. It's difficult to do it alone, but the support of other people who understand what you are going through can drastically smooth the path.

Come to this forum. Read the stories - you will find your own story among them if you read enough. I've found many people here to be quite inspirational.

DisplacedGRITS suggested AA, and I think that is a good suggestion. I've found them to be helpful. Meeting up with people in real life who can support you and who you can call is a massive boon. Try and find a meeting local to where you live and go to it. You will find welcome, support and understanding there.
Good luck Companion. You can stop if you want to and you don't have to do it alone. :ghug3

I'm sorry, I hope I quoted this the right way! I'm sorry I reminded you of something painful.... at least help and hope can come out of this since you have felt like this before! I just hope I am not ostracized due to my being drunk while i ask for help
Old 12-24-2011, 03:14 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DisplacedGRITS View Post
You are so welcome! A little crying can be a good thing. It's a cleansing release for the soul. You're strong and capable and you're among friends.
Thank you!!! you are so very nice.... can we chat when I am sober tomorrow?? I need some friends to help me! ...??
Old 12-24-2011, 03:16 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by c0mpanionxcube View Post
Thank you!!! you are so very nice.... can we chat when I am sober tomorrow?? I need some friends to help me! ...??
Absolutely. You'll find lots of people ready and willing to help. I'll be around sporatically and i'd be glad to chat. Get some rest and I hope you feel better tomorrow.
Old 12-24-2011, 03:17 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DisplacedGRITS View Post
Absolutely. You'll find lots of people ready and willing to help. I'll be around sporatically and i'd be glad to chat. Get some rest and I hope you feel better tomorrow.
Thank you so much! I've needed help for so long! Thank you! I'm going to message you tomorrow! goodnight =) thanksss
Old 12-24-2011, 03:18 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

Good night, hon!