Notices

scared I won't make it 7 days

Old 01-07-2012, 11:39 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Matthew 6:34
Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Just take it one day at a time, get through the next minute every minute, next thing you know; you won't think about the next.
Old 01-07-2012, 04:28 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Scarystuff,

I sincerely hope that you realize that you are powerless over alcohol and really deep inside your heart knowing that you take the appropriate steps.

CaiHong
Old 01-07-2012, 06:18 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Scary. You can;t be successful at ANYTHING you attempt, if you go with a negative attitude. So what you tried and failed... WE ALL did that!! The key is learning and taking note of where you went wrong.. Don't just say you cannot do it... Fight man, put up a fight...
Old 01-07-2012, 08:48 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

There is a trap that is set so we think we 'deserve' a drink after a certain period of sobriety, after a triumph, after a tough day, after a tragedy.

The truth is that we are so much better than that now. We deserve not to feel guilty, not to feel depressed, not to feel ashamed, not to feel sick. We don't deserve any of that cr@p anymore.

We deserve to be sober. Life is so much easier, sweeter, and happier without alcohol. You won't believe the feeling of relief and release until you make that promise to yourself to shut the door on the booze. You don't have to drink any more, you really don't.
Old 01-07-2012, 09:04 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I can really relate to your post scarystuff. And it does get harder each time you try to quit and go back out. This is a progressive addiction. But, it doesn't have to be like this for you anymore. If you want to try AA, go to a bunch of meetings, share, get to know people, and get a sponser. It works great for me and many others.

Hang in there.

God bless.