Notices

What does "support" mean to you?

Old 12-22-2011, 01:05 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think it's better called the SR model - I just post a lot

I'll never forget the way I felt when I first got here - scared, angry, skittish.

I try never to forget that.

D
Old 12-22-2011, 03:22 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Purplecat--

I think there is a lot of anguish in the judgmental posts as well. The feeling is that if there are no absolutes, then the writer will have nothing to hold on to. The fear behind those posts can be blinding.

We can only share what we ourselves went through and hope someone picks up on it.
Old 12-22-2011, 03:42 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
FT

Originally Posted by mattcake79 View Post
To me, support = reaching out and finding someone there.
Here on this forum, sometimes support means just acknowledgment that a new person has summoned up the courage to even post.

We tend to forget how fragile we felt when we first dared post here. At least I was. I feared appearing foolish, I feared rejection, I feared my question was not "important enough."

I wish more people would recognize that and take the time to welcome a new SR member. For me, that was everything. (Thank you SquareHead!!!!)

FT
Old 12-22-2011, 03:45 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

So... Do we keep doing what we are doing?? LOL
Old 12-22-2011, 04:56 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Terminally Unique: patiently explaining the truth as you understand it, in the face of doubt or sometimes even hostility, is a a form of support. I believe that many sponsors in traditional AA recovery have done that, and you do the same thing here in explaining RR.

In my first few days here, before I signed up, I read and re-read your posts on AVRT. I was familiar with RR, but had forgotten or misapprehended much of it, and I found your posts tremendously helpful.

Today marks my third week sober, and, although I'm still dealing with the fall-out from my last drunken escapade, at least I can be 100% confident that it was my LAST one.

(Thanks!)