Notices

Woke up on Christmas Eve sober. Just one more 24hr.

Old 12-24-2011, 09:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Smile Woke up on Christmas Eve sober. Just one more 24hr.

Good Day all

So happy to have woke up today with out picking up that drink last nite. It was hard for a bit. I was at the gym then pool and they were having a party with Santa, so all the families were. And just sent me into a terrible depressing and entertaining the thought of a drink.

But I stuck through it made a phone call, and went to a meeting and went an hour early so I could be safe.By the time I got home I felt better and that urges had passed. Thank you Higher Power.

We have been givin a whole new life just because we happened to become alcoholics. We certainly dont deserve the new life that has been given us. There is little in our past to warrant the life we have now. Manny people live good lives from their youth on, not getting into serious trouble , being well adjusted to life, and yet they have not found all that we drunks have found. I had the good fortune to find AA and with it a new life. We are among the lucky few in the world who have learned a new way to live.

To all have a wonder and lovely christmas and holiday .

Indamiricale
Old 12-24-2011, 09:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm glad you made it, Inda. Merry Christmas to you as well.
Old 12-24-2011, 10:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great job. It is hard and we're all just taking it one day at a time through the holidays. Great job. Keep it up you can do this!!!
Old 12-24-2011, 11:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Congrats Dylan,
I really like your tone and posts these days. Your sincerity and gratitude just shines through a written post! Amazing. I liked your posts before but now they seem to have taken on a whole new aura. Thank you for posting. I did one today that if you like the movie The Matrix was a real parallel for me to sobriety and the illusions alcohol creates in us, when all it is doing is sucking down energy.
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post3216285

Merry Christmas Bud,