Notices

New here

Old 12-21-2011, 01:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New here

Hey, I just found this site a few days ago and it seems like I could learn a lot from here. It seems like the majority of the site are alchoholics, but my drug of choice is heroin (i.v). Im 21 years old, i've been dependent on opiates for about 3 years. I just got out of rehab about 2 1/2 weeks ago and i've used about 3 times since. Today is my 5th day sober. I just started probation and ill be on it for the next 5 years. I get urine tests a few times a month and since ive been out of rehab ive able to stay clean when I know have a urine test coming up but right after I give a clean urine the first thought I have is to go get high. I wanna be able to have some consistent clean time, not just between urine tests. Im starting to feel fine physically but the mental cravings are real hard to handle sometimes. I start outpatient on thursday. I dont know I just wanted to introduce myself and vent a little bit.
Old 12-21-2011, 02:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
dude in recovery

Welcome & congrats on your sober\clean time.
We all strive to end the vicious cycle of use & withdraw. I'm sure there are others here who can relate with your situation.
Old 12-21-2011, 03:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

there is also a substance abuse forum here too. The cravings are an ongoing battle for most of us but do get better over time.

Some of us have found "Urge Surfing" to be helpful, here is a link with some info: Mindfulness

Take care & keep posting, this site really is a great resource.

All of the best in your recovery ~ NB
Old 12-21-2011, 03:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi canIlive
welcome to SR - you'll find a lot of support here, regardless of people's drug of choice

We do also have a substance abuse forum tho that you may want to check out as well

Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

D

Last edited by Dee74; 12-21-2011 at 03:50 AM.
Old 12-21-2011, 03:46 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

watch out, they (probabiton officer?) are not stupid, they know this is the most likely time for you to use and could suprise you with another test a day or two later. (i was on probation five years) they will show up when you least expect it, and with a cop and handcuffs.
Old 12-21-2011, 06:50 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
~sb

please put as much effort into staying stopped as you do manipulating conditions & timing of using! one bump might be lethal. try NA meetings and help others stay stopped, you aren't alone anymore!
Old 12-21-2011, 06:58 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congratulations on making a decision to turn your life around - I agree with sugarbear1, try an NA meeting as it could really help you.

Keep posting