Notices

ugghh back on day 10

Old 12-20-2011, 05:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

ugghh back on day 10

im an alcoholic binge drinker, can someone explain to me why i convince myself after any sort of time of sobriety that I am overreacting and going to far by AA etc.. and then end up finding myself right back where I started

I guess its because I compare myself to others and dont experience shakes and other hard core symptoms of daily drunk

my mind is constantly playing tricks on myself, saying that "if i change this this or this" it wont be an issue
Old 12-20-2011, 05:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberbrah View Post
im an alcoholic binge drinker, can someone explain to me why i convince myself after any sort of time of sobriety that I am overreacting and going to far by AA etc.. and then end up finding myself right back where I started

I guess its because I compare myself to others and dont experience shakes and other hard core symptoms of daily drunk

my mind is constantly playing tricks on myself, saying that "if i change this this or this" it wont be an issue
I am having the same problem. In the end, you gotta know urself. Nobody can convince you who you are. Alot of times they are the ones in denial, when u are trying to come clean... It's a frustrating phenomenom...
Old 12-20-2011, 03:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

whatup sober brethren

also just got put on painkillers for surgery, is this going to compromise dat dere sobriety?
Old 12-20-2011, 04:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

whatup sober brethren

also just got put on painkillers for surgery, is this going to compromise dat dere sobriety?
Not and expert on these issues at all, as I am still learning the ropes. But IMHO, I do not believe that being put on painkillers for a medical procedure is compromising your sobriety... But don't quote me on that...
Old 12-20-2011, 04:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I was a good rationaliser...I was also very good at instant gratification *now*...and worrying about the debris/consequences later.

It took me many years to accept that my relationship with alcohol was bad - and it always would be.

I had to accept I could have the life I wanted and be the man I wanted to be - or I could drink. It's one or the other, IMO.

As far as prescriptions meds go - I assume you have no history of abuse with the meds...as long as you've been honest & open with your Dr about your other addictive history, and as long as you remain vigilant, I can't see it compromises your sobriety

D
Old 12-20-2011, 05:17 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I was a good rationaliser...I was also very good at instant gratification *now*...and worrying about the debris/consequences later.

It took me many years to accept that my relationship with alcohol was bad - and it always would be.

I had to accept I could have the life I wanted and be the man I wanted to be - or I could drink. It's one or the other, IMO.

As far as prescriptions meds go - I assume you have no history of abuse with the meds...as long as you've been honest & open with your Dr about your other addictive history, and as long as you remain vigilant, I can't see it compromises your sobriety

D
i agree with the either that or drink, and with me once i take a sip, the drinking seems rationally the better option
Old 12-20-2011, 07:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I can relate to this big time. I'm also a binge/bender drinker... Seems like I've been at that "never again!" point about a million times, but after a week or two when I feel healthy and normal I forget all about the last drunk and eventually would drink again. It's a horrible way to live constantly hopping on and off the wagon like a roller coaster.
Old 12-20-2011, 08:00 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
dude in recovery

I too am\was a binge drinker. I never got a DUI, never went to jail over drinking, but other than that my life had become a complete mess because of it. I hope you can stick with it, the 'voice' will tell you exactly what you want to hear when you are at your weakest point. Stay strong.
Old 12-22-2011, 07:33 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

two weeks strong brethren