Notices

two questions

Old 12-19-2011, 12:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question two questions

first of all, as an alcoholic who is also recovering from a heavy weed & norco addiction, should i be announcing "hello my name is blah blah & i'm an alcoholic & an addict?" i have only been saying i am an alcoholic at meetings. though i have mentioned my struggle with norco at a meeting following a close relapse encounter the other morning.

second, can i attend a closed NA meeting?

confused. plus i don't want to sound weird if i just out of the blue change my introduction. or am i just over thinking everything?
Old 12-19-2011, 12:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You can say you are an alcoholic at AA meetings...Addict at NA meetings...No real rule on that...You go to AA meetings to seek alcoholism recovery...You go to NA meetings to seek addiction recovery. And I don't think they will kick you out of an NA meeting for alcohol abuse...Just keep your shares to addiction at NA and your shares to alcoholism at AA. Good for you for seeking support.
Old 12-19-2011, 12:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Oh...And if you mention drugs in an AA meeting...Nobody cares...They are just glad to see you trying to get better. I have one guy that comes to my meeting every morning and introduces himself as an addict. He just likes AA meetings. But he shares about recovery...It's all good.
Old 12-19-2011, 12:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

thank you, sapling. glad to know it is ok to share about other struggles at AA. especially since there is no NA meetings in my town. have to go two towns over to attend NA meetings.
Old 12-19-2011, 12:27 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yeah...Try and keep it to alcoholism...I mean if you go in there every day and share about your heroin addiction...You might get some looks...You get the point. The 12 steps are the same...Be sure and work those...That's what it's all about.
Old 12-19-2011, 12:31 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

my most damaging addiction is alcohol, so 90% of my shares are about alcohol. so the 10% is okay to slip in everry now and then, right?
Old 12-19-2011, 12:32 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

No problem....