Notices

Sober Holiday Update From Mycoolclause

Old 12-18-2011, 09:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sober Holiday Update From Mycoolclause

Wow got the tree up last night and the lights on and working without throwing the tree out back or stomping on the bulbs in frustration. Turns out all these years it wasn't the cords that were tangled or the bulbs that were burnt out--it was me that was twisted, it was me that was burnt out. And maybe this year i'll get the tree dedocrated and out before May or June or figure its a good idea just to leave it up. Sobriety is like so functional, who'da figured?
Old 12-18-2011, 12:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

we definitely need to be sober to deal with Xmas lights Fitz...

D
Old 12-18-2011, 12:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank god my wife deals with the tree and decorations, yea I am there but it would get done with or without me lol

For me, No more putting together toys at midnight drunk, then when all done more ‘after work’ drinks before stumbling to bed.

I remember the kids waking at 6 AM, please just a few more hours I pleaded, many years I’d lay there miserable while they opened their presents.

We can’t do anything about the past but this Christmas will be the first hangover free Christmas since I can remember! I will probably be awake before my 3 year old grandbaby! (Very excited)

I try not to ‘count’ but I will never forget the day I stopped drinking, yesterday marked day 300, so that’s just over 60 days to go until it’s a year sober, then I will have experienced all the seasons and have proof I can live this way for the rest of my life. Yes sobriety is so functional!

Happy holidays & Merry Christmas!
Old 12-18-2011, 06:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Picturing you stomping on the bulbs - cracked me up! Glad to hear the CoolClause is sticking with milk and cookies this year.....