Notices

Holy moly, I did it this time...

Old 12-19-2011, 05:13 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gerbosko View Post
It was my choice and I hope others say the same thing. If someone else made the decision for me, I would of never heard of SR and I'd still be a miserable alcoholic with nothing going for me. Getting sober is personal and selfish - Please know that when I say "selfish" I'm not talking about the bad stuck up person who walks around strutting, I'm talking about the person who is concerned about their health and wants to take every opportunity to do better for themselves.

I really hope you do this, it's so vital that you have professionals helping you through the process of recovery when you've had multiple relapses.

think is the keyword in what you wrote. I hope household support does help you, but didn't you have household support even during multiple relapses? Just curious.
I dont consider them relapses... I never quit. :/ can you relapse if you didnt stop in the first place? I have a love/hate relationship with alcohol. I love how I feel drinking, hate every other aspect! The hate is far outweighing the love the last week tho. Im10 hours sober... Plan to keep on that path
Old 12-19-2011, 05:58 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Nevermind, I try helping you but you keep smarting off.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:38 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gerbosko View Post
Nevermind, I try helping you but you keep smarting off.
Not trying to smart off... I appreciate all the comments/help.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:48 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Hang in there Camille!
It'll be tough the next few days but you can do it!
HUGS!
Old 12-19-2011, 07:50 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Once you get past the first 3-5 days, REMEMBER how crummy they were. The worst part for me was the crippling anxiety.

You CAN do it! Don't let your consequences get worse like I did.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:58 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Thanks ladies! Yea, the anxiety is a killer for sure! Day one is starting off a bit rough, but I think ill be fine. Lack of sleep with a tummy ache made for a long night. Have so much to do it should keep my mind off drinking. Ill check in later
Old 12-19-2011, 08:06 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

Originally Posted by CamilleBelle View Post
Poured all the booze down the drain, canceled party plans for tomorrow night.... Horrible tummy right now. Guess im more dependent than i thought. Yea, the next few hours are gonna be rough... Any ideas? Im more than ready to head to the ER if necessary, but hoping to just get through this. Im a Dr. Lover, always thinking they can "fix" me. Only i can fix me!!
CamilleBelle, I am so very proud of you now, and happy for you, too. I remember feeling a great sense of relief deep inside when I came to this same realization for myself. I no longer had to drink. I no longer had to feel the shame and guilt and self hate that came along for the ride. I didn't have to feel that way ever again, it was within my power to find a new way, and I was going to do it.

Vitamin B complex, some easily digested stuff, lots of water, something for nausea and headache, and low expectations. Chicken soup, what could it hurt already? In three or four days I started sleeping again, and the depression and anxiety started to become bad memories rather than daily companions.

Hang in, we are wishing the best for you.
Old 12-19-2011, 08:58 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CamilleBelle View Post
Thanks ladies! Yea, the anxiety is a killer for sure! Day one is starting off a bit rough, but I think ill be fine. Lack of sleep with a tummy ache made for a long night. Have so much to do it should keep my mind off drinking. Ill check in later
You know....The long nights didn't really bother me as much...As the long mornings did before I quit drinking...Hang in there...It only gets better...One day at a time.
Old 12-19-2011, 06:17 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sapling View Post
You know....The long nights didn't really bother me as much...As the long mornings did before I quit drinking...Hang in there...It only gets better...One day at a time.
Yeah. When I got sober and wasn't sleeping well, I still felt better than I did when I was drinking.

As far as doing things to keep my mind off of drinking, those first few days, I would read a lot about recovery. It helped me a lot, because I would really lose myself in what I was reading. At the same time I was doing something that was beneficial to my recovery, so I didn't feel like I was just wasting time.

Even wasting time is cool though. Whatever can keep you sober.
Old 12-19-2011, 06:36 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Thanks king! Actually been a VERY good productive day. Sticking around this site when taking breaks... Def helps! Ive just been realizing how amazingly similar most of us are, regardless of our backgrounds, lifestyles, ect. I hear a lot of me in a lot of you... Its nice to know someone else "gets" what you are dealing with. The process is rough, but I do feel like its clicking. I may f'up at times, but I know ill be ok. And you all are a part of that!
Old 12-19-2011, 07:55 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

CamilleBell,
Congrats on Day 1!

Good luck with your journey. I know you can do it. Stay focused!
Old 12-20-2011, 08:11 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Today's Muse

Are you sure you will be okay? I know when I drank, things happened out of my control and my health spiraled downward. My drinking really took its toll on me. Seriously, alcohol will kill you. You may be far from believing that. I know I was early on in my drinking career. It comes to a point where it becomes crystal clear.

I know I am laying it on the line here and you may not be receptive to what I am saying, but please take this seriously. I wanted to stop, but made no effort to stop. I continued to drink. Of course I did. I had zero skills or knowledge on how to quit. Stopping is not a matter of will power. It goes way beyond that. I had to face major consequences before I excepted the truth. The truth being I must stop. I realized that the consequences were a life of misery or worse, death. Fear is a huge motivator and I pushed it to the very limits before realizing I may not make it. There I was all alone facing my reality and it wasn't pretty.

Luckily, there is a solution and I chose to take action on making it work for me. I hope you do as well. Unfortunately, I hope you don't face your reality after the damage has been done. Some things we can't fix. We can only learn from our mistakes and move forward. None the less, it hurts. I can't stop you from doing what you are going to do, but hopefully, I can say something that may make you stop and think. It isn't worth it. The road you are heading down is a painful one. Please work on a viable plan of recovery.