Notices

Need a meeting, or something.

Old 12-13-2011, 12:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sober...Finally.

Need a meeting, or something.

I haven't been in months, but I need to go. I am about to start a whirlwind crazy schedule, So I need to get as many meetings in as possible. I woke up without a hangover today and as everyday that I DONT drink the night before, It feels great and the day has went almost overwhelmingly productive! I love having a clear mind. I always feel like this the first couple days though, and the feelings succumb to depression, anxiety, irritability and most of all anger which in turn, makes me a very difficult person to be around (feel sorry for my family) but I guess its better than being **** faced hammered.

I want to ensure that this is a SOBER holiday, and that I can go into the new year with an outlook on life. My daughters birthday is Friday. I will be sober for that as well, for once. I am not going to find somewhere to celebrate that conveninetly has a bar, so I cant be selfish and drink the whole time. Between school, my child and keeping up a house, I think I can prioritize everything much better without being drunk.

SR always is very supportive. I appriciate y'all letting me vent.
Old 12-13-2011, 01:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I don't go to meetings Dom, but I absolutely have to make time to keep working on myself and my recovery.

I'm like any other kind of engine - maintenance is essential

D
Old 12-13-2011, 01:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yeah, I don't go to meetings either, but I know that it takes time and work to recover.

You can get through this!
Old 12-13-2011, 01:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Nor do I go to meetings. Whatever works for you. Best of luck.
Old 12-13-2011, 02:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well, I do go to meetings. I don't hit as many as a lot of AA people, but I do add a few more into my schedule around the Holidays, just in case.
Old 12-13-2011, 06:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Dom, I hit meetings as well and it is always best (IMO) to get in as many as you can if you know in advance that you have stressful times coming up so you are wise to realize this.

In a totally off-topic sidebar, I don't know how long you've been sober but we will be having a HUGE convention in less than a month at Moody Gardens. If you can, drive over and check it out. There is something so awe-inspiring about standing in a HUGE ballroom reciting the serenity prayer or participating in the sobriety countdown as people with less than 24 hours stand amongst people with 50 plus years. My family and I went last year and look forward to doing it again. Mark your calendar. It's basically in your backyard!

Back to your topic, fit in as many meetings as you can and come here for additional support.

Take care!
Kellye
Old 12-14-2011, 12:00 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

isn't it a great feeling to wake up ,have a coffee and then jump in the shower completley sober?
ready to take on the day...
you can do that one day at a time for the rest of your life
Old 12-17-2011, 03:10 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

hope your daughters bday went well.
why dont you use that as a birthday present to yourself to remain sober ,and then every year you can celebrate with her.
the best gift you could give her would be a sober mum
Old 12-17-2011, 03:56 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Dom,
I went for my first three months as you know. The only part I got right was the being sober part, and they sure helped me get there too.
Happy sobriety! Then the holidays will fall into place.