Notices

10 Days and counting!

Old 12-15-2011, 03:38 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think it's really immaterial whether we get drunk or not - the thing is you convinced yourself to do something you didn't really want to do, and do something you knew was ill-advised for you.

I do understand - I spent years pleasing others drinking when I really didn't want to, FirstDay - but that's not the guy I want to be, and I'm sure it's not the guy you want to be either

You might be restarting the clock, but I don't think you've lost anything you learned in your ten days though - and I think you probably appreciate more now the pressures we face to fit in (no matter where we live) and how important it is to be true to yourself and say 'no thanks'

D

Last edited by Dee74; 12-15-2011 at 05:18 PM. Reason: typo
Old 12-15-2011, 05:14 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Re-Member

It is a steep learning curve for all of us. If we did not need to go through a learning curve we would be back in the bottle. After doing the same thing over and over that never worked for me, and expecting (insanely) that the outcome would be different, I did several different things. I later found out it was called a recovery plan. It is working so far just great. Hey I was new to recovery, didn't know the ropes and terms. I was simply sick and tired of being sick and tired. You know which time I quit I remember the best? The last time. Which will be.

Find the combination that will work for you, my way isn't the right or only way, nor is anybody else's. I do it just one wonderful day at a time, looking forward to the next one. I am rooting for you.
Old 12-15-2011, 05:29 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
a southern belle

hey first...the thing that concerns me the most is...that i am hoping that you will not misconstrue tonight. i am scared that you will, at some point, think that tonight was a triumph and that you could continue to "control drink". do not let tonight fool you at all. you set yourself up for a way way too early test of sobriety. and, i hate to burst a bubble....but, you did fail. you did indeed drink. i am so glad you are back here with us and want to continue sobriety but, you really need to know that as an alcoholic, you cannot drink ....at all. our alcoholic minds talk to us and say whatever is needed to allow us to take another drink. put your sobriety first and dont worry what someone will think if you choose not to continue to kill yourself and you choose not to take that guiness or that glass of champagne. good luck to you and stay with us...mags
Old 12-15-2011, 05:31 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hi I'm Diana. This is my 9th day. I went to a bar with my hubbie today. Had a diet coke. I am proud. I have a grandson in the Air Force in England. He loves it there. Good luck tonight. Stay strong.
Diana