Notices

Stripper Shoes And Soberity!

Old 12-14-2011, 05:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Stripper Shoes And Soberity!

I just spend (on the 11th) my first birthday sober! Let me tell you what I did:

1) I woke up and had a really good conversation with the universe and convinced the universe that while yes on most days my job is to focus on other people and to help out when and where I can... just for this ONE day could it be about me... the universe agreed!
2) My husband took me shopping at the MALL (but wait it gets better)... after searching for a place to park for 20 mins he didn't B*tch... he wasn't surrly... he was sweet as pumpkin pie (be still my heart....)
3) We went into Macy's and I found about 10 dress I wanted to try on... and he sat (patiently I might add)... in a chair and commented on each dress I tried on... (but wait it gets better)...
4) We grabbed a bite to eat and I entertained him and went to the Apple store to look at computer stuff since he had been so kind...
5) As we were exiting the mall I saw the BEST stripper shoes in the WORLD... and my husband smiled wonderful.. went in the store as I tried on shoe after shoe with 5 inch heels.. and when after 20 mins I convinced myself I didn't NEED the shoes I just really WANTED them... he insisted I buy them... and he even loved the shoes..
6) After all that was said and done I had a BANGING new outfit... and ... a wonderful husband who had survived something he hates.
7) As the night came I had dinner planned with friends and 20 people showed up to celebrate me... who loved me.. and who poured affection and time and energy into me..... oh and they loved my stripper shoes!!!
8) Walking back to the car after dinner I commented that something was different.. first time in stripper shoes that I could actually WALK to the car and not stumble or have to remove the shoes 1/2 through the night because my balance was gone....

So, for me turning 37 without drinking was a wonderful experiance... and I woke up the next day and I returned my Goddess powers back over to the universe and I was grateful for what not drinking had bought to me on my birthday. I was so grateful that I remembered it all.

On a side not a friend of mine had his birthday party that night... and he had invited me to it. traditionally I would have gone to that party because I am just that kind of girl where ever the drinking was.. there I was to. On Monday I asked my friend how his party was... it started at 10:00PM and he was blackout drunk and passed out by 11:30 and nursing a hang-over all weekend.

Yeah now who go the better end of the deal for their birthday? I believe I did!
Old 12-14-2011, 06:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Resident Curmudgeon

Sounds like a great birthday. Ain't sobriety wonderful!!
Old 12-14-2011, 06:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
JEANS

This is such a positive thread I loved it. It's so good to read the good things as well. It's really inspired me thanks xx
Old 12-14-2011, 06:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Go You FABULOUS You! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

I was in Miami Beach this past weekend and spend a lot of time gawking at drop-dead gorgeous women in Crazy High Heels. I'm kinda a crunchy granola fleece person myself. What I took away from it is that I want to spend more time feeling and looking fabulous.
Old 12-14-2011, 07:08 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

what a great birthday story!!! Happy Birthday indeed...and you probably look 27 not 37 too.
Old 12-14-2011, 09:51 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Saliena....LOVE the story! I too have some fab stripper shoes (um...many actually) and indeed it is easier walking in them sober. I love to hear about another woman rockin' her sobriety! Thanks for the post
Old 12-14-2011, 10:00 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Love it! Congrats and happy b-day!7
Old 12-14-2011, 10:15 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

Well done, Saliena. Of course, you had a better birthday than your hung-over friend. Sober, and stripper shoes, too? It sounds like your husband enjoyed your birthday, as well.
Old 12-14-2011, 12:38 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad you had a great day Saliena
Again, Happy Birthday 7

D
Old 12-14-2011, 12:51 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
*Grateful*

Good for you Saliena! I am so happy your husband was so accommodating. That is important to us as women when our hubby's are team players. I think it is fun you could get those shoes and even walk in them. I too having almost a year sober, have NEVER been able to walk in those, clean or otherwise. More power to you, I'll bet you looked like a knock out in your new outfit. Happy Birthday!

Lily
Old 12-15-2011, 04:35 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

They're not really for walking in. Now if I can only get my wife to wear her shoes that's been collecting dust under the bed I'd be a happy camper. But I have to admit the lack of sex was due to the fact of me passing out by 9 pm every night.