Notices

Round Two..

Old 12-12-2011, 02:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Round Two..

Sigh..I did SO well..I was going SO well. My first attempt at giving up was easy for 6 weeks, regretfully I didnt listen when I should have. 'Stay away from temptation' everyone said, but i was going that great I thought I could manage it. On a few occasions I did..but it only took one slip up and I found that I was again finding more and more reasons TO drink than NOT drink.

OK. A lesson learned. So I am finding myself back at square one today, and probably drinking more in the last 2 months than I ever did which in itself worries me. Not every day, Ill even go a week without it, but when I drink Im drinking to get hammered..maybe to numb the pain of my failed attempt at quitting?

Regardless..Day 1 again today, and going back into it with a bit more of an open mind to triggers..

Glad to be back..
Old 12-12-2011, 02:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

sorry to hear of your struggles Mazza but glad you're back.
Do you plan anything different this time - any changes, more support?

D
Old 12-12-2011, 02:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Definitely..

Im going to make sure I check in here at least once a day for motivation and inspiration. Avoid parties and concerts (what was I THINKING??) and just take 'one day at a time'. The fact I found it so easy when I first stopped worked as a negative in the end..with no struggle I found myself in a false sense of security. I am now more humbled about the whole thing. Its NOT easy at all!
Old 12-12-2011, 02:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Came to Believe

Glad you made it back. It's a pretty awful feeling to relapse, but try to think of it and use it as a learning experience. My recovery's had a fair bit of trial-and-error involved, finding out what works and what doesn't for me. And I don't mean to make relapses sound like they're no big deal -- plenty of people go out again and don't make it back -- but if you do make it back, I don't think it's useful to spend much time beating yourself up. Keep coming back.

--Fenris.
Old 12-12-2011, 03:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You're right, its not easy. I've found that I have to hammer home every day: I cannot pick up a drink. Glad you are back.