Notices

Grant Me the Serenity (Maybe Sometimes It's Granted

Old 12-10-2011, 08:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Grant Me the Serenity (Maybe Sometimes It's Granted

Sitting here tonight, the 200th sober, not that I'm counting :-) and it struck me, or stroked me, that I felt serene, at least at the moment (and what else is there?). My life's been such a constant flush down the toilet that this is really nice--not swirling around and going down, over and over. I came across this on serenity recently and thought I'd share with my friends.

"Serenity means maintaining a sense of inner peace even in difficult situations. We gain serenity by accepting the things we cannot change and focusing our energy where we can make a difference.

Fear, anger or desire can create a sense of urgency that triggers us to react impulsively. When this happens, we risk undermining our goals, damaging relationships--even violating our deepest values. By contrast, when we cultivate serenity, we don’t fear our emotions, but we do keep them in balance. We govern ourselves rather than being ruled by external circumstances and our feelings about them.

Meditative practices, contemplation, physical exercise and self-regulation skills all can help us to maintain a serene, peaceful state of mind. This mental state in turn frees us to live thoughtfully and intentionally. When we hold onto our own sense of serenity, we help others to keep theirs."

Guess no deep sense to the post, just that I was feeling peace and needed to share it. Peace to all. Namaste
Old 12-10-2011, 09:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
instant

It is amazing to experience emotions coming and going. I have really noticed this more over the last month. I think it takes a long time for our emotional apparatus to recover.
Old 12-11-2011, 03:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

"There is no way to peace. Peace IS the way."
Old 12-11-2011, 03:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks for a great post Fitz - and congratulations on 200

D