SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   New Saturday (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/243211-new-saturday.html)

SomethingBetter 12-10-2011 07:06 PM

New Saturday

What a day! Just thought I’d post before bed, I haven’t read much here today, in fact I have been working a lot lately, today I was going to do a few chores around the house, I got started and I haven’t stopped all day, Just realized I had a good productive day without any bad feelings at all, a well spent Saturday.

I remember when I needed a beer before I could get started on a day like today, and by now I’d be half cooked, sobriety really pays off in the long run. Now instead of going to bed at 2 or 3 AM I am getting up around 5 AM, and now its 10 PM, I am off to bed, I remember when I was just getting good and started about this time (a good start on ruining the following day).

Good Night SR! (I might hang in here a little while though :))

Impurrfect 12-10-2011 07:09 PM

(((SomethingBetter))) - way to go on a great Saturday! The good thing is, you get to wake up tomorrow, no hangover or wondering "what did I do", and have another good day:)

Hugs and prayers,

Amy

MycoolFitz 12-10-2011 07:35 PM

Good for you. every days a day when you're sober. I think drunk i didn't have any days. I just stayed alive but not living. Don't drink, life takes care of itself and takes you along for the ride.

sissy07 12-10-2011 07:42 PM

The good feelings we get when we have days like you had are worth their weight in gold. You deserve the good karma.....and you did it for yourself. Thanks for a post that is perfect to end my day with. You are a success story, and I love that. :)

SomethingBetter 12-11-2011 03:21 AM

Thanks everyone,

Well, it’s Sunday, I sit here with my coffee in hand and the peace and quiet of the morning, not even my dogs are moving much yet.

I don’t talk much about my dogs but I have 2 pretty cool dogs, a female Chihuahua and a female Yellow Lab, there both about 8 years old. Improving their quality of life is a top priority these days, it’s hard to think back at how much I have neglected them.

The walks and feeding time I am a part of now and it’s so great to make sure there taken care of properly instead of being the selfish person I was for so many years, I still have a long ways to go but things are definitely getting better.

I choose my screen name one drunken night; I was no different than anyone here that comes looking in a moment of desperation, ending up drunk again knowing I did not want to live that way, I wanted Something Better, a better life.

I was a lifelong drinker that kept promising to quit only to be drinking again that night or soon after (‘and there I was again, Drunk…’), those days are over, I pray for every person seeking sobriety to know this peace.