Notices

Again

Old 12-09-2011, 04:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Again

With my last slip I threw myself back into depression, anxiety and gastritis. It's amazing what just a couple nights of alcohol can do huh? It's actually a god send my health is so impacted by drinking. Otherwise, I can't say for sure if I'd still be trying to push the limits or not. I was feeling so wonderful at 1 month clean...I am still kicking myself for effing it up. I remember in the beginning of my time here, Itchy responded to one of my posts about learning and behavior. What I got out of it was that we actually haven't learned anything or any lesson until our behavior changes. Although I had some sober time, I fell back into my old behaviors. I know why now and I know what I can do to prevent it next time. I also felt that before sobriety came too easily. Now, I see I have a difficult yet rewarding road ahead. Thanks for listening my friends. I am so grateful for everyone here at SR, now more than ever.
Old 12-09-2011, 04:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yes, it is difficult and it's so worthwhile.

And, good for you for recognizing that you need to change your behaviour. I'm glad you're back and working on recovery.
Old 12-09-2011, 05:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Maybe you should stop kicking yourself

The past is gone - we can't change it no matter how hard we try...

you're back on track, you're feeling great, you've learned from past mistakes...maybe cut yourself a little slack here - you're doing great

congratulations on your continued progress quitforme

D
Old 12-09-2011, 05:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
~sb

I spent 25 years in that vicious cycle, don.t get stuck-move forward. Put all your energy into sobriety!

I like your alias, but we must make our own recovery our own work!