Notices

Birthdays - of Birth and Sobriety ;)

Old 12-10-2011, 06:19 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by michelle01 View Post
Most of my thirties are a blur. Since I stopped it's really been like a new start. I was in pretty bad shape when I quit, it was like putting myself back together again, interesting journey. Recovery isn't the easiest thing to do, but it can also be an opportunity.

Congratulations Pigtails and well done on embracing this time in your life.
Thanks Michelle. I have the same "blur" feeling about most of my 20's, especially the last half of my 20's. I am really enjoying consciously putting together a life for myself that I want. It is such an exciting journey so far. I'm glad you feel the same, and wish you all the best in your recovery as well.
Old 12-10-2011, 07:10 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Congratulations, Pigtails, on your upcoming career adventure.
It sounds like a great opportunity for you to start new.

I was trying to find a 'nice' way to say to you that you may want to be careful if you are going in this alone. It may be wise to hire yourself an attorney just to make sure that they aren't taking advantage of you and you have a little pull if they say they need an answer now. Especially if they organize a partnership. You should never go into a partnership with out protection.
I once got involved in a business situation. Nice good people, as well, but they turned out to be tax dodgers and were embezzling profits. I soon had FBI Special Agents knocking on my door doing an investigation on them. Turned out they had multiple companies and were hiding finances.

I know how hard it is when you aren't happy at work -and we spend so much time there. Hopefully, this will be a great chance for you. Good Luck.
Old 12-10-2011, 07:27 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by EmeraldRose View Post
It may be wise to hire yourself an attorney just to make sure that they aren't taking advantage of you and you have a little pull if they say they need an answer now.
Heed this advice PT, I also had some rotten experiences trying to enter into business relationships on my own.
Old 12-10-2011, 07:49 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Thanks EmeraldRose and BinderDoneDat. I appreciate the practical advice.
Old 12-10-2011, 09:57 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Pigtails I tried to PM you back but you don't clear your messages.