Notices

Day 3, but anxiety

Old 12-07-2011, 03:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3, but anxiety

This forum is helping me so much. When I get to work, I hope to check in on others. Me? Doing well, love waking up feeling better, but seems I am a bit shaky and have anxiety. Don't crave alcohol at all, and feel good physically. But definitely anxious. Normal?

Part of it is that I have SOOO much on my plate where I have to "perform" at work tomorrow in front of large numbers of people, and fear a panic attack.
Old 12-07-2011, 03:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yes, it's normal. It'll get better the longer you stay quit. I'm not giving medical advice, just what I went through.

I remember the wonderful feeling of having that anxiety lifted when I quit.

fear of a panic attack will just make it worse. I know this from experience.

See a doctor and be totaly honest about your drinking, is my advice.
Let us know how you're doing.

best to you.
Old 12-07-2011, 03:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I agree with Ghost, being anxious and shaky at day 3 is normal. My biggest concern the first few days was insomnia. Every time I quit drinking (and there were many), I would literally not sleep for 3-4 days which probably added to my anxiety.
Old 12-07-2011, 03:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I don't know if you pray or not....May not be a bad time to start,,,,Ask for calmness. It works for me.
Old 12-07-2011, 04:01 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Change-

The first week is always tough, I had huge anxiety problems during my drinking career which I thought I was making better by drinking, but it made it much worse. Only when I stopped did my anxiety start to fade, so hang in there.

As far as this thing at work, I would say to look as it as a challenge. Don't be afraid to fail and do the best you can. If you freak out, you freak out. Think positive, because if you do well it will be a huge boost to your self confidence in your early stages of sobriety. I found that anything I feared doing sober, which was a lot, once I did it it gave me a big boost of confidence after it was over with. Good luck to you.
Old 12-07-2011, 04:12 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
FML

yo466,
Thats very encouraging. I also have huge anxiety problems, I tried to ease by drinking. Realized that drinking makes my anxiety way worse for up to a week after a night of binging.
I'm also afraid of doing things, and I get scared a lot. Spent too much of my life in fear of things I can't control.
Glad to hear that quitting drinking helped.
Old 12-07-2011, 07:28 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
~sb

anxiety is your nerves Not being sedated by alcohol. It does get easier.

give your body time to heal.