Notices

We Don't Drink/Drug Here!

Old 12-07-2011, 02:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

We Don't Drink/Drug Here!

I was reading in another thread that someone said..."This is an awesome site!", and I have to agree. It's a bunch of very different people with exactly the same problems and goal. We don't Drink/Drug Here!...Simple as that.
My choice of self destruction was alcohol and my choice of recovery is AA. But I see people getting the same results here without AA and I think that is fantastic. It doesn't matter how you do it...As long as you do it. This is an incredible support group and an invaluable tool to getting yourself better. I think knowing you are not alone in this life of sadness and fear is vital to recovery. People that have been there and done that, that just want to see you get better....Amazing!
I'm new to this site as well as recovery but I have added this site to my arsenal of recovery. I think it is wonderful. I see sadness here and I see hope here. I see people asking for help and I see people getting it. There is nothing better than that. If we just stick to that one rule....We Don't Drink/Drug Here!....And know that other people are making that work and are willing to take thier time to tell you how they are doing it. That is something that you can't put a value on.
So...If you are even thinking about drinking/using today...Take that thought out of your head and plug in here and read a little...Why you came in here in the first place. And remember that rule...I hope and pray that you all have a safe, sane and sober/clean day today. And you find something that works for you! This is an awesome site!
Old 12-07-2011, 03:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

welcome aboard sap,

and SR is another tool in the tool box

all good wishes on your recovery journey
Old 12-07-2011, 03:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks...I've had a glimpse of what life really is....and I won't replace that journey with ANYTHING!
Old 12-07-2011, 03:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Talking

Great Post Sapling.. good to have you with us!
Old 12-07-2011, 03:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome, Sapling! I love Sober Recovery--wonderful people here. This site helped me put the lock on that Pandora's box of drinking, and then I finally threw away the key. I'm so grateful.
Old 12-07-2011, 03:45 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks...Friend.
Old 12-07-2011, 04:23 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

This IS a great place and all the better having you here.
Old 12-07-2011, 05:09 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome Sapling,

This site was a lifeline to me and played a big part in my recovery, I found a lot of answers to my problems here. Today I live a life that I could never have imagined I would have. I'm glad you found us Sapling...