Notices

6 left in the bottle

Old 12-06-2011, 10:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

6 left in the bottle

Tomorrows it. I was supposed to tear down every week but I couldn't. I told myself this whole time I had it under control and the pain was why I was taking it. Then it hit me... I was dependent and they were no longer even helping the pain I was taking them to feel normal. I had back surgery in June. And have found a way to stay on the pills one way or another. I'm tired of doctors and asking for them. The back pain in coming on strong and doctors don't seem to want help with the actual pain other than with pills or shots that don't work. I wish I never had surgery and never taking these pills. But I know I'm to blame as well I choose to take them and took more than prescribed when the pain was unbearable. Probably sound like an idiot just needed to vent.
Old 12-07-2011, 01:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I hope you can learn to live without the pills. You'll find a lot of support here.
Old 12-07-2011, 01:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Captain

As someone who deal with chronic pain (from birth) I'm sorry you have to deal with it too.

For me it took a lot of Drs until I could find one that listened to me and helped.
Have you explored non-narcotic options for pain treatment?

As far as pills go, I have no experience, but I know many of us here do.
I think supports really important - noone needs to go through this alone

You'll find a lot of support here. You might also want to check out these other forums here too:

Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Recovery and Pain Management - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

D
Old 12-07-2011, 10:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I have tried tramadol, all nerve blockers but they put me in atrial fib. I'm thinking about going to mayos. But I just hate these pills I know I abuse and search for other ways to get them so I have to accept the fact I'm an addict. Sucks never thought I'd be here in this spot. I'm already in the w/d symptoms I think I could make it if I could get my restless legs to stop they are killing me. I know what's coming this is my second time. I a newly wed and this isn't fair to her my live revolves around the pills rather than her and our relationship. I have always been honest with her and she is very supportive. She hates seeing the back pain and how debilitating it is to me but are pills really the answer? NO not in my mind. For some reason I believe the body forces it's self to heal if it has to and if it's in pain maybe it will try to fix itself. Has anyone tried one of these RAPID DETOX centers? I called one and he thought it might be to early to come off due to how recent my surgery was but I know now it's time. Sounds like you sleep through the worst of it. Let me know sorry my minds racing
Old 12-07-2011, 01:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I've never been on any kind of a detox programme let alone a rapid one Captain, so I have no experience to share.

I believe they're quite expensive tho? I'd certainly want to investigate further.

Google may be a help as well

D