Notices

I'm new to this.

Old 12-04-2011, 09:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm new to this.

Hello, I am new to this site, and praying i can find help here.
I am 25 years old, married with two children. I have been addicted to Pain killers ( vicodin, perc,) for 4 years. Im at 5-8 a day. I have tried using suboxone to help, and that was over 2 years ago. And now i am addicted to them. I am terrfied! I need to quit, i want to quit, i am ready!!! I just do not know where or how to start. I did quit 2 years ago when i found out i was pregnant with my second child. I weaned myself off and was done within a week of finding out the big news. Then after i gave birth i was stupid and used my "pain" as an excuse. My husband also is in the same situation as i am, only i think in his mind he isnt ready. I am afraid he will interfer with my situation. My family does not know my addiction, so my support team is non existant. I need help, i do work, and have kids and i am afraid that i wont be able to function properly. I am doing this for my children, they need their mother, now and in 40 years from now. they are my motivation, i just need that first push! Also, as awful as it sounds, please do not judge but i do not have a perscription from a dr. It is illegal. I feel so worthless and ashamed. If i had the money i would go to a rehab center! But thats not an option. I hope that someone here can relate, understand, and help. Thank you for your time.
Old 12-04-2011, 10:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR!! I seriously doubt you'll find anyone here who judges you. Too many of us have been in similar situations. Though I severely abused opiates (before discovering crack), for whatever reason I didn't have withdrawals, but I'm sure others will be here to share their ES&H (experience, strength and hope).

SR has been a huge part of my recovery, and it's really nice to know we're not alone.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 12-04-2011, 10:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You can quit! I prefer to think of it as embracing a sober life rather than giving something up. Actually it's giving up a bad thing and getting a good thing, the best kind of deal! It's even better than winning the lottery.
Old 12-04-2011, 10:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome! No judgement here. I told a Dr about my problem, and you would be surprised on how great he treated me. I say talk to your dr.
Old 12-05-2011, 11:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

so i just got a call about a job interview today, now im freaking out about the drug test. i cant just quit cold turkey and function. i feel like im in a lose lose situation. Thank you to everyone for your amazing imput. out of 65 ppl who took the time to read my post, only 3 responded. Thank you for your time, and i hope in time, through my struggle and new journey to the life i so want to live. I can learn from others and do the best i know i can do.
Old 12-05-2011, 11:32 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR ll811
I agree with bozboz - get some professional medical advice

D