Notices

Nothings Changed

Old 12-05-2011, 02:53 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Going thorough the same

But as we continue to pick up i guess we have to continue to put down..
Old 12-05-2011, 04:06 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

alcoholsux - Be proud of yourself for starting over - many never do.

I had a few tries before I finally got it that I can't ever (no, never) pick up again. It's so easy - and human - to fall back into our old ways. We've seen alcohol as something that enhances our lives, calms us down, helps us have fun - and it's none of those things. You can do this!
Old 12-05-2011, 10:23 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Congrats on day 1, alcoholsux!

I relapsed twice, after a few years of sobriety each time. I really underestimated how a few moments of warped thinking could have me drinking again. I have a new respect for sobriety this time around.

I do need to be kinder to myself
Thumbs up - I'm working on that, too. We really should give ourselves a little compassion and understanding for doing something that doesn't come easy, especially at first. And remember you'll feel better emotionally in another day or two - there's always some anxiety/depression for a couple days after drinking.

Thanks for the post - you may have inspired a lot of people to make a new start again.
Old 12-06-2011, 04:52 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Come on Nikki - come back to the November thread - we miss you <- See that's us missing you.

It is annoying and sounds like a lot of people go back and have that drink for apparently "no reason at all" I can't tell you how many times in the past month I've read on these boards "I don't know why nothing was really going on..." I think that's when the AV sneaks in - because we're not looking for it then - we're looking for it when things are coming apart or when we're in a drinking situation. But this morning I was putting the breakfast dishes away after the kids ate and I said to myself. "Maybe I'll just have one glass of white tonight" Really? At 6:15 in the morning I'm going to think about having a drink tonight! That AV pops up at weird times....

Anyway - hang in there and I'll be looking for your days ticking back up again. In the long run it doesn't matter when your day 1 is or how many you have - just that you're not drinking now and you learn from the past.

Take care
Terri