Notices

new on here

Old 12-04-2011, 06:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

new on here

I have read so many posts on here and feel totally stupid for my problem.... and that I even consider it "withdrawal", but somehow I let myself get put on fentanyl patch, only at 25 dose, but I started to double up, then my doc happily gave me 10Mg of lortabs, 3x a day, I learned the game quickly, would go back and ask for 10Mg of lortab with motrin or lower tylonel to get the refill "legally" or switch to perc, playing same dosage game. My doc didn't care as long as I paid the office copay and was willing to wait for 3-4 Hours each time. He knew we (his patients) would wait.... so I asked to step off the patch and all pills.. a neurologist told me I had nerve damage and only had rebound pain and no reason to be on these meds, he is the 3rd to tell me this, so I said fine... so I am done with the percs and all other pils, and have 12 dose of the patch for 1 month. After that I go cold... I figure it will suck but I refuse to go back to that office ever again. But I haven't had nearly the high levels everyone else has, so I feel like a wimp! But this doc almost refused to give me the lower patch... and all the other doctors refuse to help me come off. They tell me to go to the prescribing doc! In my job and family people would fall over if they knew of my problem! I do have an anxiety prob but currently seeing a therapist for that so some day I can stop the lexapro. I have xanax but don't like it at all. Well, that's it for me today... I am amazed at those on here!
Old 12-04-2011, 06:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR 2011GIRL5

I know very little about any of the drugs you've mentioned but I know you'll find support here

You might also like to look at our substance abuse forum as well

Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

D
Old 12-05-2011, 08:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hello, and welcome!

Don't know much about the drugs, either. But I'm glad you're trying to find a solution.
I really hope it works out for you.