Notices

Good kid stumbling down the wrong path :(

Old 12-04-2011, 04:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Good kid stumbling down the wrong path :(

Hi everyone,

Im super happy i found this forum cause i need help. I am a 20 year old male who enjoys many activities, motocross, snoawboarding, wakeboarding, and ice hockey. I am an eagle scout as well just to give you some background on me. Unfortunately i have let myself fall down a slippery path with oxys. It all started in college a year ago when my buddy showed me how to snort 30 mg percocets. I was off and on with them and experienced withdrawal for the first time up at school. It was total HELL. I said to myself never again. Sure enough a few months later i was back on them. So fast forward alittle bit, May 2011 was my last month at school and i was off of them. I reunited with a good buddy of mine in my hometown over the summer and found out he likes sniffing percs. He then showed me who could get ahold of perc 30's easily in my hometown so here i am again sliding downhill. September 2011 started the abuse of about 3-4 30's a day. I maybe have missed a couple days here and there but have been doing them everyday since then. I want SOOO badly to stop wasting my income and destroying my life like this. It is time to stop this vicious cycle. Today i did my last 120 mgs and plan to be clean for the week and i need your guys help PLEASEEEE. How many days do you guess i will be going through the hell stage? My guess would be 4 days of the depression. Thank you everyone for reading my story!!!!
Old 12-04-2011, 04:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((Bluerider))) - welcome to SR! I have no personal experience of how long the withdrawals may last, but I'm sure others will be along soon. From what I've read, it's like having a bad case of the flu for about a week.

Good for you on realizing that this is leading down a one-way street to nothing but bad stuff. SR has been a huge part of my recovery.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 12-04-2011, 04:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, Bluerider116!

I don't have any experience with percos, but I am sure you will get some feedback here. I just wanted to say welcome....I am glad you found us too.
Old 12-04-2011, 04:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you Amy, Yes i am so happy i have found somewhere to vent and help me through what is going to be a tough time.
Old 12-04-2011, 04:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You are making the first step by WANTING to quit. You are young enough where you can get on track and lead a happy healthy life. Welcome to SR!
Old 12-04-2011, 04:59 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Please quit now

Bluerider, my journey to addiction started when I was 17 years old. 40 years later I am now 1 year 4 months nad 26 days sober and 83 days off crack. You already realize how much money you are spending at 20 years of age.
Estimate how much money you have spent in 1 year on perc's/whatever and then multiply that times 40.
Old 12-04-2011, 05:18 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome!

I know you will find lots of support here.
Old 12-04-2011, 05:23 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Yes i am very happy that i WANT to stop. I'm tired of losing money and spending my hard earned cash on a pointless high. I used to frequently hit the gym and i was thinking i might start back up to a healthy lifestyle. Thank you all for such fast replies and support. You ALL are going to help me through this
Old 12-04-2011, 05:27 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR Bluerider

You'll find a lot of support here - we also have a substance abuse forum you may like to check out as well

Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

D
Old 12-04-2011, 05:39 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family. Good that you're recognizing the problem while you're still young so you won't ruin most of your life. You won't have to look back with regret.

You'll find a lot of support here.
Old 12-04-2011, 05:44 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

The support is so fast and overwhelming. You people are truly amazing!!!
Old 12-04-2011, 06:06 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Yes, we're here for you! But if you really want to quit you've got work to do. It isn't necessarily easy. First the detox. Advisable to get medical help with that if you can. Then the very tricky business afterwards when your body is still expecting the drugs and is not getting them. My problem was largely with alcohol and not with drugs and I tried lots of things, like counseling, psychiatry, etc. In the end, and I'm saying after many many years I found that the only thing that worked was to get the advice and support of a group. It happened to be an agnostic AA group but there are usually lots of alternatives, both within AA and outside AA. Good luck.

W.
Old 12-05-2011, 02:19 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Day-1

Well today went pretty good at work. I did use to sniff before i went to work to get a high going while i worked so it felt good to be sober and working although my mind did crave them but im a mind of matter guy so i just kept plugging away. I felt the hot and colds and tried my hardest to keep my mind off of it. As soon as i got off work my sleepiness hit me hard, i almost fell asleep at the wheel multiple times which scared the living S*** out of me so as soon as i got home i went to bed. Now that im up and awake i feel pretty decent. It has been 24 hours since my last use and im ready to take this on full swing. I know tomorrow is gonna be super hard, but thank you all!!!
Old 12-05-2011, 02:25 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Great Job Blue

It is tough but keep posting I find that helps me.
Old 01-03-2012, 06:27 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hey everyone long time no talk!!! So i F&$KED up!!! I relapsed since my old post and have been on them again. I am so ashamed, embarrased, angry, upset, sad, mad, and every emotion possible at this point. The withdrawals were so unbarable and the fact that i work 10 hour days as a mechanic was killing me. Im not trying to make excuses at all because i am stronger than that and want this out of my life so bad!!!!! It truely scares me that i let this happen again. My brain has these insane urges that are hard to curve, but it is a New Year and this is the year i clean up!!!!! I recently have been going to the gym to keep my fitness up and have been clean again for 2 days. The partying and recent season didnt help either but it is back to the grind!!! I hope you all dont think badly of me. Your support means so much to me and i will be writing EVERYDAY, so please i beg some of you to check in on me!!!!! You are ALL AMAZING!!!!!!!
Old 01-03-2012, 06:31 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi again bluerider

sorry you stumbled but I'm glad you're back

so what can you think to add to whatever you were doing to keep clean and sober last time, BR?

can you think of things to help make things different this time?

D
Old 01-03-2012, 06:56 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Yes i have been pondering the same!! I have recently started my own little mini business on the side so hopefully i can do great things with it!! Its getting cold here and i snowboard a lot so hopefully the season goes into full swing!!!
Old 01-03-2012, 07:04 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Welcome back BR. I can relate to your story. I abused oxys and other pain meds for quite awhile. The withdrawals can be particularly nasty. You may want to seek some medical advice. You can go into seziures once you stop.
The symptoms I had were very bad dreams, hot and cold sweats, headache, bodyache, insomnia, severe anxiety, depression, and probably others I don't remember.
If it gets too bad please see a doctor and be honest about how much and how long you used. They can help with the withdrawal process.

Hang in there.

God bless.
Old 01-03-2012, 08:20 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Read your initial post when you joined but didn't have a chance to say welcome.

Recovery is a process as I'm sure you know. Sometimes people can't stop on their own. It's not always mind over matter. So if you keep relapsing and you really don't want all the negative things associated with this addiction then just ask you doctor for help. They are confidential and very supportive. I never would have thought this if I didn't experience it myself. Unfortunately for me I waited until I was in my 40s! Think about that. Lol.

I'm glad you found this community, I hope we can help you get some courage to open up and get yourself some help.